Ian

Duel wheel adapters/wheel weights

Here you are James :)

The basic duel adapters are very easy to make. I can't remember the measurements as they were made many years ago, but allow an inch gap between wheels, so take that into account when you do the measuring..

The basic adapter was made from a strip of thick-ish steel rolled round so it fit's tightly on the inside lip of the wheel..

All it needs are four long coach bolt's to go through the four wheel weight holes to hold the second wheel in place :)

100_2787.jpg

I did take things a stage further by turning the duel wheel adapters into duel wheel wheel weights.

Add a base.

100_2789.jpg

A "notch" for the tyre valve.

100_2790.jpg

Four tubes were added for the coach bolts to run through.

100_2795.jpg

Then the other side was capped off.

100_2794.jpg

A hole was the cut one side.

100_3552.jpg

And the adapter/weight was filled up with concrete using a lamp shade as a funnel :D

100_3561.jpg

Once the concrete had set, the metal that was cut out to fill it was welded back on..

Two Duel wheel adapters/wheel weights :D

100_2839.jpg

As fitted with only one wheel..

Just undo the nuts, slide the second wheel on, and put the nuts back on :D

100_2923.jpg

Ta Daa :D

100_2584.jpg

100_2590.jpg

Your welcome James, one thing I should of mentioned is don't make the adapters too tight a fit in the wheel or they will be a right pain to get back off again... You can guess how I found that out :D

I like them Ian :D Custom dual wheel adapter/weights, theres just so many things to make for my tractor :P  you are a bad influence :rolleyes:   :thumbs:

I like them Ian :D Custom dual wheel adapter/weights, theres just so many things to make for my tractor :P  you are a bad influence :rolleyes:   :thumbs:

Happy to help :D

ive got some duels that could be up for grabs

attachicon.gifbay 001.jpgattachicon.gifbay 002.jpgattachicon.gifbay 004.jpg

I forgot you had those tucked out the back Nigel, what did they come from?

The dual set up with weights certainly looks the part but I would guess could be a bit hard on the half-shafts particularly if used with that blade on the front?

The dual set up with weights certainly looks the part but I would guess could be a bit hard on the half-shafts particularly if used with that blade on the front?

I never has any problems with half-shafts even when using the blade very hard pushing dirt about and that was when the Wh still had it's original trans with 1 inch diameter shafts!

bolens

I should of guessed that :D