slf-uk

Wheelhorse D-160

1 hour ago, Chris said:

That must be a rare trac in the UK

Anybody else know of a D160 in UK??

Interesting point Chris, I can't remember seeing another D160 anywhere in the UK. Hopefully the Wheelhorse experts will be able to help with some information.

Iain

We got the D160 running today and ran it for about an hour. I am not 100% happy with the carb and will take it apart again to see what more can be done. It has lots of spindle wear and it is very tempting to get one of those reproduction carbs. Has anyone bought one and can give me a quick review?

Joseph wanted to do another one of those test drive videos, so here we go

Iain

50 minutes ago, Chris said:

Great you got it going again Iain

Thought you were going to get mowed down by a WH B)

Looks cold in Norfolk!

It felt good to get it running again.

Very cold mate, I need a woodburner in my workshop

Iain

I took the D-160 out of storage today and put it in the workshop to do a few jobs on it. It will be getting a new carb and I am planning to make a more standard looking exhaust system by modifying a section of Morris Marina exhaust, I wonder where that came from :) thanks Alan and Chris. I have a few other jobs planned too, time permitting.

I would like to identify the year this tractor was made, are any of the Wheelhorse experts able to help? The only ID I could find on the tractor is a Mountfield serial number, which looks like 7053. Thanks Iain

IMG_2094.JPG.51992580d7a100c896871c3c2bd165aa.JPG

On 30/06/2017 at 9:33 PM, slf-uk said:

I took the D-160 out of storage today and put it in the workshop to do a few jobs on it. It will be getting a new carb and I am planning to make a more standard looking exhaust system by modifying a section of Morris Marina exhaust, I wonder where that came from :) thanks Alan and Chris. I have a few other jobs planned too, time permitting.

I would like to identify the year this tractor was made, are any of the Wheelhorse experts able to help? The only ID I could find on the tractor is a Mountfield serial number, which looks like 7053. Thanks Iain

Hi Iain, If you don't want your old Carb,don't junk it, I will have it. I would like to fully rebuild one (a #30) off of a 16hp Kohler, as I have only done a #26 from a 12hp. See this- -LINK- 

As for dating the D160, They were first introduced in 1974 model # 1-0650 (if you can find the little black plate anywhere). If not.......

As Norm says, check the Engine numbers on the Blower Housing, usually, if the engine was ever replaced, the old covers and Housings were fitted to it.

I say this, as I see from your pics that the engine is painted Grey, and this often says Replacement to me. Normally there would be traces of the original red on it?. 

So it would be either a 74, or a 75, as they fitted Onan Engines from 1976 (unless Belgium Plant messed with the U.S Model Schedule spec again and fitted whatever they had laying around).  1982 ceased production I believe.    Regards.