diggerjames

Project C1-4x6

3 minutes ago, nigel said:

Really nice job James that will wow them at the shows :bow:

Cheers mate just wanted something different maybe next year I can come down to you lads for a long weekend ???

16 minutes ago, diggerjames said:

True about the number plate that's only sat on as joke by my mate  not sure on bonnet yet I'm gonna do something with it I thought more of that chequer plate or maybe black vinyl ! 

Please don't put chequer plate on it

19 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Very delectable, James. :bow:

Can't wait to see it with a 5th wheel and swan neck twin axle trailer. :D

Cheers Norm me and you are in the same wave lengths 

Evening all just a little update chaps I had a little trouble with the centre gearbox as it was leaking oil so I've decide to take the box out and see what can be done ! Bearing in mind it's only 4 weeks to Newby hall I need to get cracking  the problem is the needle roller bearings have collapsed in the axle casing were the half shaft comes out !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh dear! :( That's what I found had happened with the C-121 when I got it. The needle roller bearings you can get. The main ball bearings are scarcer then rocking horse poo. I had the cases modified to take metric bearings. Look in my C-120 rebuild topic.

53 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Oh dear! :( That's what I found had happened with the C-121 when I got it. The needle roller bearings you can get. The main ball bearings are scarcer then rocking horse poo. I had the cases modified to take metric bearings. Look in my C-120 rebuild topic.

It's funny you should mention that Norm me and mark discussed that earlier what you did I may have to rack your brains !!