pmackellow

Cadet 81, new arrival

i would paul there much better engines

having worked on both extensively in the past I personally would disagree, I find the honda has a lot more in built faults than a Briggs, but if it's running well, I equally wouldn't remove the honda.

Tow ball arrived today so with the help of a nice long M12 bolt and a couple of nuts and washers its all in place...

Just got some paintwork to sort out (mainly the deck) and the drive belt to sort (it slips a bit) and she's good to go !! :)

post-99-0-34103700-1411066060_thumb.jpg

having worked on both extensively in the past I personally would disagree, I find the honda has a lot more in built faults than a Briggs, but if it's running well, I equally wouldn't remove the honda.

looking at my scrap pile at work that says it all really working on both makes professionally for a main dealer there are far more busted briggs engines than honda on said pile  as you said paul if it aint broke dont fix it ! 

As Newby Hall and the Smallholders Show are both creeping up I thought I had better give the 81 a fettle

Engine and footboards cleaned up and painted today...

(Yes I know its a Honda engine but that is what was in it and with my limited mechanical knowledge if it ain't broke don't fix it)

post-99-0-14256100-1431181330_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-44413200-1431181373_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-15691700-1431181426_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-35394400-1431181471_thumb.jpg