neil

Tractor & machinery magazine , how disappointing

Was thinking of getting another years subscription, special offer £35 for the year, not too bad but can any one confirm, was the horticutual section back for good? Or was it a one off thing the other month?

Was thinking of getting another years subscription, special offer £35 for the year, not too bad but can any one confirm, was the horticutual section back for good? Or was it a one off thing the other month?

I would save your money Charlie...

I browsed through the latest copy yesterday at my local WH Smith. Some good articles on old farm tractors but very little on garden tractors and related machinery. I agree with Paul, save your money.

"It has got some good projects on etc maybe Kelsey publishing should bring a horticultural magazine out ! "

Realistically the size of the potential readership and advertising revenue does't warrant a stand alone publication and , if the truth be known, forums such as this one have played their part in reducing magazine readership and revenue.

"It has got some good projects on etc maybe Kelsey publishing should bring a horticultural magazine out ! "

Realistically the size of the potential readership and advertising revenue does't warrant a stand alone publication and , if the truth be known, forums such as this one have played their part in reducing magazine readership and revenue.

the good old internet strikes again !!!

The internet is a two edge sword. Yes, forums like this may effect mag' sales, but also the likes of Facebook and Twitter effect the forums. The Land Rover forums I'm on have been badly hit by them. :(  Plus the cost of magazines is getting more and more for much the same things.

Just as an aside, a while back there was a dedicated monthly magazine covering all the Morris Minors varieties but this folded due to lack of interest even though the MMOC is the third largest club in the UK. I didn't buy it myself as, to be honest, it was the same old same articles pumped out as it were. As for a horticultural stand alone magazine, I agree with Wristpin there is just not the readership ou there. I will be buying the American Garden Tractors magazine to further my knowledge.