nathanwhittaker

Ransomes Mg6 Dumper

looks like my projects are on hold again---- stuck an axe in my right palm on Monday-- in Feb I cut my thumb off on the bench saw so its advice only I'm afraid Nathan!

poor excuse Paul :D  I want to see widestride running!  hope the hand is ok...

Hi Norman and Nathan I have two dumpers one complete and operational and another which I am restoring. Having a clear out of machines i have duplicates of so if anyone wants an MG5 or MG2 let me know I have three to go. I also have some spares for the dumper.I guess you will know of the two sources of new spares for all crawlers Nathan but if not give me a shout. My current searches are for an MG40 with Sachs Diesel engine and the wheeled version of the MG6 known as an ITW.

Both my dumpers originated from Headingley water works in Yorkshire, I suspect that yours Nathan may have been a working Partner as I know they were sold off as a job lot some years ago, one went to a light railway for ballast transport. I have recently bought a 30" and a 36" pair of Ransomes lawnmowers powered by a version of the MG2 engine I have the 30" running and am now in training to be able to run fast enough to use it.

Having a clear out of machines i have duplicates of so if anyone wants an MG5 or MG2 let me know I have three to go.

Now he tells me just after I've bought a lathe. :(

Put adds in the for sale section, Johnathan.

Nathan

I thought Dibnah was Paul

Why do you call him Tom?? :huh:

Too be honest I'm not sure but he does prefer to be called Tom

Hi Norman and Nathan I have two dumpers one complete and operational and another which I am restoring. Having a clear out of machines i have duplicates of so if anyone wants an MG5 or MG2 let me know I have three to go. I also have some spares for the dumper.I guess you will know of the two sources of new spares for all crawlers Nathan but if not give me a shout. My current searches are for an MG40 with Sachs Diesel engine and the wheeled version of the MG6 known as an ITW.

Both my dumpers originated from Headingley water works in Yorkshire, I suspect that yours Nathan may have been a working Partner as I know they were sold off as a job lot some years ago, one went to a light railway for ballast transport. I have recently bought a 30" and a 36" pair of Ransomes lawnmowers powered by a version of the MG2 engine I have the 30" running and am now in training to be able to run fast enough to use it.

Thanks for that buddy you don't have a hydraulic pump what connects too the drive on the left hand side

Hi Nathan,

I don't think the original ransomes hydraulic unit will fit as it is a dumper and has been heavily modified at the rear to accommodate the skip, normally the back wall would support the pump. I have fitted a geared hydraulic pump to the PTO output before though.

Will be interesting to see how you plan to use the dumper with implements, would it not be better to go for an original resoration?

Edited by Rocboni

Hi Nathan,

I don't think the original ransomes hydraulic unit will fit as it is a dumper and has been heavily modified at the rear to accommodate the skip, normally the back wall would support the pump. I have fitted a geared hydraulic pump to the PTO output before though.

Will be interesting to see how you plan to use the dumper with implements, would it not be better to go for an original resoration?

I'm making it so the bucket can come off then on the tipping bar make some adaptor brackets so I can fit a snow plough on then using the tipping lever too lift it up and down if that makes any sense it does in my head

Oh yeah welcome too the site

Thank you Nathan, Jonathan told me about it on Wednesday.

Makes sense, and sounds like it's not going to alter the integrity of the dumper as the parts could be removed. I presume you want it to lift using hydraulics? And manual lifting bar might be cheaper to make.p

The ransomes hydraulic pump has the PTO sticking out of it aswell and is very bulky for what it is. I would suggest you look for a geared hydraulic pump and couple it to the output shaft. That's what I did anyway.

Somthing like this, it's geared up as the shift spins too slow for a pump to be coupled direct.

Ebay 291216755964