Ian

The Workshop moving Thread

Or the other smells masked it.... :hide:

I really should stop using WD40 as deodorant :lol:

Just a few quick photo's to show you all things have been happening in the new shack..

The most important photo being this one :D

TM30_zpse9a2e6ab.jpg

And a luxury  item in the shack :lol:

TM29_zpsbdb8390b.jpg

Bench with lathe up..

TM28_zps08286a8b.jpg

Somewhere under all this clutter is a very big bench!

TM27_zps69555cb9.jpg

Project "Why Not" up on it's bench..

TM26_zps6ffee994.jpg

And Nigel doing his Mr Universe impression :lol:

TM25_zpsfea45d29.jpg

Not long before the next whynot update then...

Hopefully next week mate :)

Great new workshop Ian and space for luxury items too, bonus.

I hope the house move went well

Thanks Iain, the house move is nearly there now. We should get this place straight by the end of the weekend..

That luxury item's taking up Milling Machine space Ian :D  Nice shop :thumbs: :thumbs:

You'll have to do your welding outside now or you'll mess up the decor :D

Thanks Doug.. The armchair is very much needed though.. When I'm shattered and had enough I can't just walk across the garden to the house now, so I need the armchair to relax in while waiting for my wife to pick me up in the evenings..

And then it was gone!!!

TM31_zpsc469097a.jpg

Interesting picture of Nigel doing his Mr Universe impression. Mr November in the impending 2015 MOM calendar?

Now that's a thought :lol:

Do you have an open view like the old place at the new one, Ian? House I mean.

Hi Norm, nope no good views here, surrounded by houses!!   But it is a lot quieter down here than I thought it would be.. Almost got used to the sound of traffic now :lol:

I managed to get a few hours in at the workshop today, putting tins of bits on shelves, trying to find homes for all my junk... 

I did manage to get my big bench cleared and re-skinned with a much thicker top :D

TM32_zpsbbd6c53b.jpg

Hopefully next week mate :)

Thanks Iain, the house move is nearly there now. We should get this place straight by the end of the weekend..

Thanks Doug.. The armchair is very much needed though.. When I'm shattered and had enough I can't just walk across the garden to the house now, so I need the armchair to relax in while waiting for my wife to pick me up in the evenings..

And then it was gone!!!

TM31_zpsc469097a.jpg

And he left without a trace! Just like aliens came and beamed him away.

Now that's a thought :lol:

Hi Norm, nope no good views here, surrounded by houses!!   But it is a lot quieter down here than I thought it would be.. Almost got used to the sound of traffic now :lol:

I managed to get a few hours in at the workshop today, putting tins of bits on shelves, trying to find homes for all my junk... 

I did manage to get my big bench cleared and re-skinned with a much thicker top :D

TM32_zpsbbd6c53b.jpg

Pretty cool of you to think about a nappy spot in the new shop.

Helping Ian move workshop and home over the past few weeks I finished up having the old wood store and contents. 

here's a couple of photos of it in its new location, had to make it 5 inch's narrower to fit in the slot I had, its now sporting a door and fresh coat of creosote

post-98-0-12715700-1415902191.jpg

post-98-0-91070100-1415902217.jpg

post-98-0-89601200-1415902241.jpg

This is a great post and has the makings of a good movie, in that it is a great story, it made me laugh (a lot) and had some sad moments (poor Limpy).

Ian, I think you and Nigel are going to have lots of fun and I am looking forward to hearing the stories.

This is a great post and has the makings of a good movie, in that it is a great story, it made me laugh (a lot) and had some sad moments (poor Limpy).

Ian, I think you and Nigel are going to have lots of fun and I am looking forward to hearing the stories.

Thanks Iain, yes it's certainly been an interesting story.. and a very busy story!!

Too right Nigel and I will be having lot's of fun.. we have been already :D

A bit of a sad video for you guy's and girls..

Oh Ian, its soooo sad, where's my hanky

Aaww.. Don't cry Chris :lol:

Ian, I look forward to seeing your new videos from your new shack. BTW is the music Metallica?

Hi Andrew, I have started recording life at the new shack, maybe a video about it at the end of the week.. Nope the music is not Metallica, it's called "Slow night at the saloon" found here.. http://teknoaxe.com/Home.php

:(

Yeah it is a bit sad Mark, but long term more than worth it..

At least the shack has found a new lease of life Ian :)

Very true Paul, better than it being scrapped...   The buyer is going to send me some photo's when he get's it put back together, though something tells me it won't be going up in quite the same way it came apart..

great video and so sad...

Thanks Iain :thumbs:

More progress today in the workshop..

Some tools and decoration up..

TM33_zps6eac4b59.jpg

The shelves will be moved to somewhere a little easier to reach, low bench for the blasting cabinet which put's it at a nice height to use, and some more decoration up..

TM34_zps9bdd2f75.jpg

Lot's more shelves filled up with random stuff and Wheel Horse parts..

TM35_zps15b9f342.jpg

And finally some more decoration.. It just needs a plug putting on to make it light up...  A big thank you to Ben for this.. Cheers mate :thumbs:

TM36_zps398d2b5c.jpg

Looks like you are getting very organised, with everything having it's place. A far cry from my workshop especially at the moment.

Does not that apply to most workshops? T'Other Arf says you need danger money to go in mine. :D