danarmdave

just some of the collection

hi everyone the mcconnel saw is 1946 mk 1 the first saw mcconnel made with mk 1 spitfire wheels and a petter pu 8 out of a pontoon brige unit the pit saw is over a 100 years old  all chainsaws are danarm     mk 1 two man 1940 4 feet cut     mk 2 1941 5 feet cut  junior mk 1 1944  three tornados  1949-53  fury 1954  whipper 1955  dd8f 1957 -mk2 1959  r8f 1959  110 manual 1963  110 auto 1966  125  1966  55 auto 1966  pneumatic 1952 1-36 1973 1-36mk2 1973  1-36 mk3 1973  1-36 mk 4  1974   baby electric and junior electric dates uncertain we also have a lister cs 5/1 driving a saw mill and a 1941 lister d driving a sawbench plus the allen model f with saw plus a gutbrod 1017 driving a sawbench which is mounted on the front a large collection of axes /cants /old enamel forestry signs /two man cross cuts 30 we show and a store with over 200 in it oh and a mcconnel saw driven by a ruston yba diesel /monkey winch and that is just the show stuff it is quite frightning when i look at everything i have but at least its not scrapped      will get some more photos up at some point       thanks  danarmdave

That is quite some collection of saws you have there,

I recognise in the foreground of picture four a Danarm / Consolidated Pnuematic air saw, have you had this saw running on air? The pair that we had at work were powerful beasts but fell foul of elf and safety regs with no chain brakes etc so ended up in a local saw collection along with their hand books, spare parts also became a problem if I remember correctly.

The claim was that these saws could be safely used under water but I never saw that put to the test!

Ray.

Congrats on a truly impressive collection of British made Chainsaws etc. and welcome. I confess I did not know of the make, but just checked out the Company history and now aware. Well done and thanks for sharing   

That is quite some collection of saws you have there,

I recognise in the foreground of picture four a Danarm / Consolidated Pnuematic air saw, have you had this saw running on air? The pair that we had at work were powerful beasts but fell foul of elf and safety regs with no chain brakes etc so ended up in a local saw collection along with their hand books, spare parts also became a problem if I remember correctly.

The claim was that these saws could be safely used under water but I never saw that put to the test!

Ray.

hi ray the pnumatic danarm we have was bought at a sale at rosyth naval base fife and i believe a french company still makes and sells exact copies of the saw         cheers danarmdave

First of all ,good to see you back here Richard (Anglo Traction) .

Great collection of chain saws, are they all working.?

only three dont run as the coils have separated but they are only for display and i do use them every now and then so if they dont run they will not get me as they are very heavy and quite unpredictable with no safety features    ;)   all the best    danarmdave 

Unfortunately Dave (the owner of all these saws) died last year and they are all up for auction through Pentland Livestock on 27th May.  www.pentlandlivestock.co.uk