slf-uk

Bolens Ride-a-matic

Great video Joseph. :smoke:

Who that old geezer driving your RAM towards the end of the video? Whoever, he is, you better show him how to treat your tractor with respect! ;) 

Looking forward to more videos from you guys :thumbs:

16 hours ago, Stormin said:

You going to call it Rudolph, Joseph? :D

Good call. After we went indoors to warm up we realised we should have put some ropes from the steering to the sleigh. Next time maybe.

14 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

Great video Joseph. :smoke:

Who that old geezer driving your RAM towards the end of the video? Whoever, he is, you better show him how to treat your tractor with respect! ;) 

Looking forward to more videos from you guys :thumbs:

It's not often that the old geezer is allowed to drive these days :(. We are working on a brief video about the 61RAM atm while we are waitnig for parts to arrive from America.

1 hour ago, Tom631 said:

I'm looking for a Belt sheid for a 1956 Bolens Ride a matic.  Part number # 1705901  Does anyone know where I can get one?   Thanks

Very hard to find but always worth touching base on GTT Bolens Forum. Might have to frabicate one ?

4 hours ago, Tom631 said:

Yes. I talked to one gentleman about this and he said it would cost around $3,000. 00 to make the mold and produce them.   A little pricey for me.

IMG_0375.JPG.bc4fa5e30a4276c52d514fc6118cda31.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

I would get other estimates, I could see 300.00, but nowhere neat 3,000

On 11/9/2014 at 5:21 PM, ih674 said:

Ive got a 50's ride a matic, a gold one with the square bonnet and one the same as yours. If you want to get in touch RE any issues we may be able to help each other out. Also I may have a flywheel if your struggling - leave it with me.

James

I believe the gold one are in the sixties and the green ones in the 50's.

49 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

That is one cool looking early Ride a Matic.

i read somewhere there is a fellow up in Canada who was frabicating belt guards for RAMs but which year I do not know. Again GTT could help.

Thanks for the information.

At Rural Past Times last year when we were doing some ploughing, we had a bit of an issue with the heat from the exhaust heating up the fuel. We decided to make a new exhaust and the aim was to have it exit the hood as close to original as possible. It turned into a bigger job than expected.

Joseph made a video of the new creation, as usual I was the cameraman but I did get to do a couple of jobs

My mum and sister wanted some raised beds made for the garden. As we are still in lockdown we had to use materials we already had. We created a video of building them which features lots of Bolens action with the 1962 Bolens Ride-a-matic

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

My mum and sister wanted some raised beds made for the garden. As we are still in lockdown we had to use materials we already had. We created a video of building them which features lots of Bolens action with the 1962 Bolens Ride-a-matic

Very cool!   That specific model of Bolens is one of my all time favorites. I missed out on a nice one while I was in Minnesota. Great to see it running so well and getting out to use!

On 5/23/2020 at 9:02 PM, CNew said:

Very cool!   That specific model of Bolens is one of my all time favorites. I missed out on a nice one while I was in Minnesota. Great to see it running so well and getting out to use!

That 1962 RAM model is on my bucket list too.....:smoke: