diggerjames

Wheel horse Turner flail mower

Hi all I've been AWOL as of late from my shed to do any serious work due to extension at home etc but today I took delivery of an old flail mower minus the engine etc but does have some interesting bits , here's what I've done so far I've cut the main body of the head ready to make some brackets which will fit the tatchomatic .

post-166-0-75428300-1415206574_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-25585300-1415206596_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-63811600-1415206612_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-83669100-1415206633_thumb.jpg

Just seen the video; an impressive bit of kit that. Another must have item for my Bolens. I have used flail mowers in the past on the Kubota and John Deere garden tractors which had larger ones and did a good job too. If I got one, I would use a larger HP engined Bolens like a Bolens H20 model to give a more effective cut. Be interesting to see how yours progress.

Just seen the video; an impressive bit of kit that. Another must have item for my Bolens. I have used flail mowers in the past on the Kubota and John Deere garden tractors which had larger ones and did a good job too. If I got one, I would use a larger HP engined Bolens like a Bolens H20 model to give a more effective cut. Be interesting to see how yours progress.

i already have a 5 foot flail on my john Deere 2520 which is a great tool , progress maybe a little slow during my extension work ! :(

I have a Haban flail mower that fits on a Bolens tube frame mower. They are really useful. Mine has a gate at the back which you can adjust depending on how fine you want to cut up the debris.

Iain

Andrew,

I don't have a picture of it and it is currently in storage. I hope to get it out in the next few weeks and will post a picture.

Iain

No worries; look forward to seeing a photo of it whe n it's uploaded sometime.

Thanks

It really looks the part, great work.

The Haban flail I have is really heavy and I always use it on a tractor with hydraulic lift. Will this be too much for the manual lift or am I just too feeble?