pmackellow

Suffolk Galaxy Mower

1969 is the date of the brochure I have Neil, I think they were made from about 1964 - 69

Not had it going yet, I need to talk nicely to steve d, other projects on the go at the moment including the new trailer, so not top of the queue as it were...

A very strange wheel design.. I'd be worried about the front left corning digging in all the time..

Thanks for posting it Paul, it's always good to see something different.

HMMM i wonder... ive owned several diffrent vintage Lawn Boys and still use one of the last year they made them with  2-cycle engines (2004) . LOVE the front discharge ....mine is a grass cannon !!!

post-14-0-49306300-1390579900_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-39376300-1390580193_thumb.jpg

god that suffolk galaxy brings back memory's old chap had one of those and i used it sometimes and used to think i was a very lucky lad so glad that some do exist thanks for sharing that paul 

Edited by hangman

As the Multigardner fleet is ready to go to Malvern I thought I might as well start making this look presentable...

It swopped places with the Rapier mower chassis this evening ready for a coat of looking at over the weekend...

post-99-0-89715400-1393016391_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-35143600-1393016419_thumb.jpg

Got to admit that I've never been a fan of aspera engines due to having a lot of problems with with them in my younger days, however this looks something a bit different, which is what this hobby is all about, I will be following your progress with interest.

coming on paul, as for the engines on these my neighbour did on occasion have the odd issue but usually sorted with a clean of the plug and or the air filter. Just thinking back to when i used it had to mow with the side alway pointing to the middle of the lawn and when finish it was out with the rake which would of been ok but the chap had over half an acre of lawn  :o