Wallfish

Bridges Mini-Mota 3 speed drill

I posted this one here before but just adding it to the gallery. These drills were made in the UK and I had 2 shipped over.

The speed of the chuck is changed by moving it to one of the three different locations. Very unique!

post-9-0-03385400-1416345781_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-59237500-1416345867_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-69142300-1416345902_thumb.jpg

I bought one of these drills earlier this year, here is a scan I have done of the manual that came with it.

The condition isn't great, but manuals rarely seem to stay with any of the tools. Also there is no mention of Ohlsson & Rice anywhere in the manual, instead Bridges refer to the engine as the Mini-Mota.

Bridges 3 Speed Mini Mota Drill Operating Instructions and Parts List.pdf

David

That's interesting to know, mine dates from the mid 1960's, so it could be the Bridges drill. There are a few Drillgine drills over here too though.

I've never been able to find anything searching on the web, google tries to change the spelling of Mota which doesn't help.

David

That's pretty close apart from the positioning of the filler cap and the brackets are on opposite sides...

But yes it would be a brilliant start, are you willing to part with it please ?? :fingerscrossed:

Looks like your sorted, it should be easier to adapt that tank, than to build one from scratch.

I'm guessing it's from an outboard motor like the one in Wallfish's display in the "Big O&R display" thread.

David

Here are some pictures of my Bridges Mini-Mota drill, the tank on mine must have leaked as someone has repaired it with solder. I wonder where all the chuck keys go, none of my O&R drills came with one.

David

SAM_18343a.jpgSAM_18345a.jpgSAM_18349a.jpgSAM_18353a.jpg

The tank on that outboard is just an added Drillgine tank. Not original to the outboard but it does look good on there.

(Ha, fooled you all.) :yankchain:

Webhead's tank is just a little bit different than a drillgine tank concerning the fuel outlet but maybe it's an early one. :scratchhead:

And something I just noticed from David's pic. The 6300 rpm option turns the chuck in the opposite direction.

Tinkering in the shed this afternoon, cowling on first drill now painted so that's back on with decals...

Chrome on both units not saveable so I've used smooth silver Hammerite to smarten them up.

PB050062.JPG

PB050063.JPG

27 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Nice!!!!

Are those the decals sold on epay here in the U.S.?

Curious of the quality. It certainly looks good

Yes I get them from an ebay seller, jimenginedecals, they are very good

23 minutes ago, Webhead said:

Are you sure that it is in the opposite direction?!

HA, I'm an idiot! Just looked real quick at the pic before posting.

Guess it's one of those mind bending illusions used to trick the simple minded, like me! Those bastards got me!