the showman

Toro Professional 70

Grabbed a bargain off the bay on Sunday and popped up today to collect.

Never seen one of these in the flesh before and was quite surprized  how small it was, when I bought it I was going to break it up to build a project

but now ive seen it i'am not so sure. 

I was worried about telling Pam I had bought another tractor, but she really likes it and wants me to get it running.

Cant find a build plate anywhere but iam guessing its late  60s or 70s.

The engine is a Kohler 6.25 hp 29363D k141T so might be able to date it from that, Its been stood outside for a few years so needs a

good soaking with WD40.

Just waiting for the camera to charge up then I can load some pickys

Scaled down Scammell Iron Horse replica. Remember them Chris in railway goods yards? Little artic with three wheeled tractor unit.

Another thought. Fit a bench seat across the front like a rickshaw trike thingy. Be great for taking people along the prom and making a bob or two. :thumbs:

That's cool with the hood, I take it that its fibre glass

yes its fiberglass. I'll have to ask him what model it is some time. It runs great, starts with a rope, that you wind.

Had a bit of spare time today, so had a look at the engine, I think this has stood outside for a long time with the plug missing so the first job was to remove

the cylinder head, and no surprize it was full of water, the piston is near the top of the bore, but is seized solid, ive manage to turn the inlet valve and filled it up with red diesel

to soak for a day or two,

checked out the numbers and this one was built in 1981 

post-98-0-79363300-1416859427.jpg