Wallfish

Mity Moe Duster/Fogger by Buffalo Turbine

Courtesy of Enginesilo

I don't know what would be more annoying...the bugs...or this thing running in the background

Take a look at this ad from way back when (1970). The shipping costs are a good laugh.

post-9-0-97018600-1416523517.png

I aquired one, I found it in my friends dead neighbors barn I was wondering if you could help me find a new carb diaphragm or if I can make one and how to do it or any info would be a great help thank you

:WMOM:

Laser cut replacement diagrams are available from several forum members in the US including @Wallfish & @Webhead and from me in the UK.

If you haven't already seen it check out the carb rebuild thread and don't forget to replace the old crumbly air filter foam, any other questions feel free to ask & we can help.

Have you got any pictures of your Mity Moe?

David

Look for the other version powered by the Series 20A engine too, a seller had a pallet load of them which "were" all new-old-stock till the seller ran them all :banghead:, I did try and get them to list one they hadn't run but got no-where with them so didn't buy one myself. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

David

8 hours ago, Mitymoehelp said:

I aquired one, I found it in my friends dead neighbors barn I was wondering if you could help me find a new carb diaphragm or if I can make one and how to do it or any info would be a great help thank you

Welcome to the forum!  You have us drooling over the fogger, that is a really neat tool.  PM me and I can also help you with a diaphragm if someone else hasn’t already got you fixed up.

please add some photos of your Mity Moe.

I’ll add some pictures in a little bit, I don’t have any pictures of when it was together sadly but I do have some of when it is all torn apart

and I do have access to a laser cutter is there a way I can purchase carb diaphragm material and then cut it out myself

686D7F1D-86A1-4548-93D5-EBD5F7DF292A.jpeg

345162C1-4FFA-4A18-AF19-A2EE9FA7AA3B.jpeg

A9D8D376-E1EB-4B4A-A2D4-A3E4CD3892F8.jpeg

478F86D2-2133-40AC-BBCF-9492AAB91AE1.jpeg

Yeah, Allstate gasket for the correct material but you'll have to buy a big piece. One already cut diaphragm is $10 with a new paper gasket  or I can send you a small piece of material for $10 with a gasket if I can find a piece. You could also find a carb diaphragm for something else on ebay and cut it down to to size.

It took me awhile to track down a source for the diaphragm material in the right thickness. I ended up going with a material from Alpha Engineered Composites. It’s a Fairprene product code WFP-B2N1.

https://www.alphainc.com/en/products/fairprene/

http://www.fairprene.com/Documents/WFP-B2N1_Rev-1.pdf

http://www.fairprene.com/coated_fabrics.htm

Hope me this Helps!

Thanks for adding some pics. Unfortunately that's about the condition many of these tools are found in but they clean up nice if you spend the time. Looks like you're well on your way.

I second Wallfish, Allstate Gasket is another source for the material. Unfortunately either route you go they require a pretty large minimum order so it gets really expensive. Per Wallfish, he or I can send you a small piece at the price mentioned if you decide you want to cut your own.

That one will need some cleaning but like john said with a little time and elbow grease it will look good 

then you are done.  If you need help you found the place to get it.

1 hour ago, Mitymoehelp said:

and I do have access to a laser cutter is there a way I can purchase carb diaphragm material and then cut it out myself

What about the CAD files then? The carb diaphragms we supply were all cut by Eric "the gasket man".

David

Thank you guys for your advice, I plan on getting this engine running and Might use it for a rc boat project. I was originally just trying to get it running without a rebuild and I didn’t have spark but when I stuck a screw driver in the plug wire and grounded  myself to the unit I got a pretty strong shock so I tried some different spark plugs and neither did the trick so I cleaned the points and when I went to adjust them the set screw snapped right off in the aluminum and so didn't many other fasteners, luckily I was able to get them out using a stick welder and vice grips. It’s a cool trick I found on YouTube by deboss garage. Anyways could dirty points or a weak condenser cause no spark but A good shock.

How much would wallfish charge me to send me a diaphram or diaphram material

Edited by Mitymoehelp

The condensers are usually fine, cleaning & adjusting the points should sort out the spark problem.

You would probably find an RC carb much better if you plan to use one of these engines in a boat.

What do you plan to do with the rest of the unit? they aren't exactly common.

Usually I find a small gas blowtorch more than adequate for heating up seized fasteners to free them.

David

A bad condenser could cause that issue. Not too many go bad on these for some reason but it's certainly possible. If it's sparking the points are making a connection although it's always good practice to clean the contacts anyway. Also clean the copper spring where it contacts that little post.

Clint, @CNew will send you a diaphragm or piece for $10.

Yes I was thinking of finding a more responsive carb when I eventually build a boat, I have the frame modeled on solid works mostly I just need to get some kinks worked out, the rest of the unit I might restore also just Incase I find out the mity moe is worth a million dollars or something haha but I will definitely hold on to the rest of the parts

What would you recommend for a fuel to oil ratio, most modern equipment I think is 50:1 I’m assuming the mity moe calls for a 25:1 or 30:1 

What would you recommend for a fuel to oil ratio, most modern equipment I think is 50:1 I’m assuming the mity moe calls for a 25:1 or 30:1 and also what about the little pushrod for the points about an 1/8 inch of mine broke off durring removal, can I get some bulk rod and cut it do length to replace it?

1 hour ago, Mitymoehelp said:

Yes I was thinking of finding a more responsive carb when I eventually build a boat, I have the frame modeled on solid works mostly I just need to get some kinks worked out, the rest of the unit I might restore also just Incase I find out the mity moe is worth a million dollars

I don't think it will be worth a million but one thing for sure if you don't put it back together there will be one less.

and there's a bunch of engine that you could put in a boat.

2 hours ago, Mitymoehelp said:

What would you recommend for a fuel to oil ratio, most modern equipment I think is 50:1 I’m assuming the mity moe calls for a 25:1 or 30:1

The old ratios used were 11:1 till 1963 then 24:1, we have been using 32:1 with modern mineral based 2 stroke oils.

2 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

I don't think it will be worth a million but one thing for sure if you don't put it back together there will be one less.

and there's a bunch of engine that you could put in a boat.

I've only seen a couple of these 1HP engined versions, the larger 1.6HP 20A engined version is only slightly more common due to eight boxed ones appearing from one seller in 2018/19.

David

5 hours ago, Mitymoehelp said:

Yes I was thinking of finding a more responsive carb when I eventually build a boat, I have the frame modeled on solid works mostly I just need to get some kinks worked out, the rest of the unit I might restore also just Incase I find out the mity moe is worth a million dollars or something haha but I will definitely hold on to the rest of the parts

I would hunt for a different engine for your boat and keep the Mity Moe all together and original.  You can still find the O&R engines that aren’t part of actual tools on eBay sometimes. Keeping it original is worth more.