Wallfish

Mity Moe Duster/Fogger by Buffalo Turbine

17 hours ago, Mitymoehelp said:

Ok yea I’m not quite sure if I want to put it in a boat it was just a thought and who actually made these engines for Buffalo turbine

Ohlsson & Rice Compact engines appear regularly on eBay, you shouldn't have difficulty finding another suitable engine for a boat.

As well as being incorporated into many different tools, the engines were available for anyone to use for making their own tools or for powering models etc. Some O&R engines can also be found with water-cooled cylinders for model boat use.

651645621_OhlssonRiceCompactIndustrialEnginesApr1963Page1a.jpg.005af044960dbc4747b8feab4ace1681.jpg

David

I thought I had uploaded that one but turns out I haven't yet, it's from a two sided brochure leaflet from 1963 (the source of my avatar image), I have a four page brochure from 1963 plus some other bits to add to the "manuals sticky thread" in the future.

Would you like me to email you a high resolution image of that page?

David

Do any of you have a spare little push rod for the points that you would be willing to get rid of mine broke during disassembly, if not can I make a new one if so how 

Edited by Mitymoehelp

On 2/24/2020 at 7:30 PM, CNew said:

Absolutely, maybe I could get it enlarged and framed!

You should have an email with the two page brochure attached.

David

Not quite I am still working on putting the parts back together, I ended up doing a whole rebuild because of all the screws that snapped off mainly because of the points set screw, it sure is a pain to get all the bearings in without them falling out but I used a small ammount of permatex assembly lube left over from our small block v8 rebuild to hold the bearings in place while I slid the crankshaft into the crank case.

C2D840BA-D466-47E0-94A2-5E9D974A9275.jpeg

One more thing, is there supposed to be a seal between the dust cap/bearing retainer on the flywheel side, I’m assuming there is, if so can you let me know what it’s made of and how thick it needs to be.

image.jpg

Yeah, those rollers are a PITA and just did another one yesterday myself. I use Lubriplate 105 engine assembly grease but it's basically the same thing.

Yes, there should be a seal there. Original seal is a small cupped seal but so far don't think anyone found a direct replacement of those. I do have a couple rubber flat washers in my parts stash that seem about the right size but never really looked into it to see if they are actually a newer type crank seal. @factory is the technical parts guru so maybe he knows of something and I think @CNew was looking into cupped replacements at one time. Not sure if an O ring will work or not 

I tried many different seal suppliers but couldn't find anything like the originals in shape, also modern seals seem to be a lot wider.

O&R did change the seal & the bearing retainer to a different type for later production engines, these can be used for older engines too.

David

21 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

@CNew was looking into cupped replacements at one time. Not sure if an O ring will work or not 

Yep, still hunting. I think I might have a lead on something but still need to acquire and do some testing.  Can’t hurt to try an o-ring...

I'm working on a different approach making the original bearing retainer bigger in the center to add a seal

I'm not sure but the aquabug has a seal like this and i found a seal that looks like it will work.

I have a man making me the tooling and hope it works out. 

IMG_3682[1].JPG

IMG_3681[1].JPG

IMG_3683[1].JPG

18 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

I'm working on a different approach making the original bearing retainer bigger in the center to add a seal

I'm not sure but the aquabug has a seal like this and i found a seal that looks like it will work.

I have a man making me the tooling and hope it works out.

IMG_3683[1].JPG

That is the later one I was referring to above (post #43) that uses more modern type seals, they also changed the induction housing one to a similar type but made it non-removable in the process.

David

Now it has come time to paint the flywheel cover/recoil housing, how risky is it to drill out the rivit holding the recoil in and remove the recoil for cleaning and painting

Edited by Mitymoehelp
Misspelled a word