jparkes43

1968 wheel horse lawn ranger

not any real work on the body to the ranger (engine off and a few other bits, will get a few pics soon), but i have made thees thumb screws at school that would be there from originally to replace some old bolts that where put in there place, i used a bar of mild steel and turned it down on the lathe to 0.25" or 6.35mm and then got a 1/4 BSW (British standard whitworth) die and threaded on the end. then i knurled the thumb side with to passes to create a nice groove then i parted it off and made a second one, there is also a picture of it on the bonnet, and i have to say i really like it. let me know what you think.

IMG_0300_zps8423dee0.jpgIMG_0299_zpse56345a9.jpgIMG_0298_zpsfe8cb05b.jpg

james

Edited by jparkes43

sorry guys for the lack of updates recently, school, work and the festive period has taken up lots of my time so the ranger has been pushed aside a little bit, but i have some goos news the engine is off and some pars have been sent off to my dads friend who is a car paint sprayer so they will come back nice (bonnet, rear fender, belt guard).

james

hello guys just a little update here but means a lot to me, lane ralph (lane ranger) all the way from the USA had sent me a free lawn ranger hood gasket, which was really nice of him and i am really appreciative of it. so a big thank you to him for doing that. cant wait to get the hood done and put it on. 

IMG_0349_zps8b0cd703.jpg[/url]

james

Edited by jparkes43

well today i managed to squeeze some time in for the ranger work after the cousins left and this took a long time because of all the surfaces you have to sand and then clean but not too long i had a pair primed and ready to go, hopefully more later but i will have to see.

IMG_0366_zpsa1c06c1b.jpg

IMG_0367_zps5110346d.jpg

IMG_0368_zps42d5b381.jpg

james

Well today i was going to get a lot of work done, i managed to get up after the new years party and cracked on with the foot controls and linkages then i put some red on it (i had already primed the chassis) i still need to take off the front and rear end to do those bits but i got the middle section done. 

IMG_0375_zps20439925.jpg

IMG_0377_zps83fcf6dc.jpg

IMG_0380_zps79ab866d.jpg

james

some front end work done today, so i took of the front wheels and stood her on a box, (wheels will be sanded, cleaned and painted white soon) enjoy.

IMG_0401_zpsff289f1f.jpg

IMG_0402_zps840f6664.jpg

IMG_0404_zpsd3abb25f.jpg

whole tractor before the front was red.

IMG_0405_zpsefa023b6.png

james

Edited by jparkes43

tractor is half done now, all the chassis and half the body work is done, now i need to get the wheels sandblasted and painted, then get the steering wheel done, then get the body panels painted but i couldn't resits just putting a few bits on. just ordered a set of decals as-well to finish it off. 

sml_gallery_12410_13_643142.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_673283.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_385290.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_32974.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_827881.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_322615.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_1639995.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_267146.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_134405.jpg

sml_gallery_12410_13_573535.jpg

james

Edited by jparkes43

James, you are really cracking on with this project. Very impressive. I am currently amassing parts for my Bolens 1254 and seeing your posts want me to crack on myself.

he he he, i know that feeling, but thank you mate really appreciate it

james

what hp engine is in her? looks like a nice project good luck

that is the Tecumseh h60 so it is 6 hp or when it was new ;) thank you. if i wasn't going for original i was going to swap it but i'm keeping her original 

james

hello guys, here is some more progress for you, not much but some smile.png

rear wheels tyres are off the tractor, they have been wire brushed so that they are ready to be sand blasted at school smile.png

IMG_0513_zps0j02gosu.jpg

IMG_0512_zpsq6notd5q.jpg

the front split rims have been split, they have also been soaking in petrol and various other liquids to de grease and clean them ready for sand blasting too (they are really clean photo doesn't do it justice).

IMG_0514_zpsojomk1ao.jpg

i also got the steering wheel masked up, sanded and first coat of primer applied (past couple of days have been too cold for any more)

IMG_0483_zpsnbto9rhz.jpg

and now you can see what it looks like

IMG_0482_zpskwpcnbvz.jpg

james

Edited by jparkes43

looking good James, its coming along nicely, 

Good to see you'll be helping out with the advertising of MoM i have one of them decals on my trailers, and tractors that i show :)

thank you, ah you see i didn't expect those stickers to be there but they are and im happy to put them on my mahcines. also got the restoration decals stickers too

james

Edited by jparkes43

well not much to speak of but at least there is some!! the stickers arrived thanks Mark (meadowfield) and the 227-5 (tad of topic but related) has some new ones on too. but the ranger has the dash sticker put on with the throttle, ignition and some blanking pad put on. i need to order a choke cable!! the serial number has now been uncovered. cant wait to get all the other jobs done so that some more progress can happen!

IMG_0541_zpsxdud7n3l.jpg

613f9ac5-b9ff-4037-bba0-f6f3e6ea6515_zps

IMG_0538_zpsb4t7ebk4.jpg

IMG_0537_zpsr6dbvucf.jpg

thanks 

james