OldBuzzard

Bolens HDT1000 info needed

That is a very interesting list :thumbs:

The HDT1000 would not be on that list as it wasn't produced until 1982.

The HT22 was the export version of the HT20D sold here in the states.

It would be interesting to see a picture of the dash of an HT22 to see if they were in multiple languages as were the ones on the HDT1000.

I really do wish I had a HT22 in the workshop so that I could check. :( I will contact the people I know with LF's and see if anyone has a HT22.

It may be possible to see from sales booklets but for a lot of the time the Bolens importer, Howard just used the US literature. I believe this changed around the 1980's and they printed UK specific stuff. I will check my limited collection of booklets. I believe others on here have a better collection so hopefully they can input.

Iain

I did a bit of Google searching and found this:

The last time the pound was at these sorts of levels was 5 November, 1980, when it reached $2.446

That would make the HT20D $8,927.90 in 1980 USD or $25,586.56 in todays dollars :o

Iain, would you give me permission to 'steal' that price list pic and post it over on the GTTalk forum in the US?

No problem, if it is of interest I do a scan of it rather than a dodgy picture taken whilst in a rush. I am a member of GTTalk, using the same ID as this forum so I look forward to seeing your posting.

Iain

Edited by slf-uk

OB, Iain and Chris,

I had a look at my Bolens brochures collection and I have several Howard Bolens brochures showing TF and several LF namely 1477 and 1886 models from the late 60s to the 70s. I will be adding to my collection as when they come available. If I come across anything on the HT models I will let you know. Sorry I can't be of help.

There's a great photo of a 1886 in action in the Howard Bolens brochure at might be of interest to Chris?

Andrew

Edited by Triumph66

There's a great photo of a 1886 in action in the Howard Bolens brochure at might be of interest to Chris?

Andrew

Andrew, I am sure we would all like to see that, if you get the chance to scan or take a picture of it. Iain

I like it Chris :thumbs:

There's just something about an old tractor in it's working clothes that just 'feels' right.

Nothing against Show Queens, but I like seeing them doing what they were meant to do.

Edited by OldBuzzard