pmackellow

Martin Markham Colt Deluxe

A friend of mine in the vintage tractor world rang the other evening asking if I know anyone who would be interested in

a small tractor which was getting in the way in his garage.

When he mentioned the make and model the radar went up as there were only 100 of these made (so it's rarer than

a Mayfield Merlin)

Wendy and I braved the ice and snow/rain/sleet for a short (6 mile) trip this morning to pick it up, it's a Martin Markham

Colt Deluxe with a 10hp Kohler in it, these were made between 1965 and 1970 by Martin Markham in Lincolnshire.

Also pictured is the brochure that arrived a few days ago.

post-99-0-28798700-1421500715_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-93576900-1421500763_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-27578400-1421500808_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-46481400-1421500850_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-89418700-1421500930_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-44819000-1421500997_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-09174300-1421501036_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-01534800-1421501077_thumb.jpg

Nice buy Paul. You've just got to find the attachments now.

From Carols comment when I read your post to her, "Only 100 made. That would be a good buy", if only it had been up here. :(

There was a Markham tractor in the Hastings area a few months ago. I was tempted but the seller didn't fully answer my

questions or evaded his answers. I was going to get my brother to collect it and store it in his barn had I bought it for

collection at a later date. Paul, yours is in better condition than the one in Hastings. A good find.

Here's the listing number 361112210236

Edited by pmackellow

Where you going to squeeze that in Paul :P

All your machines seem to just fit in your trailers B)

A good find, does it run???

Edited by Chris

thats a great find paul are you sure you dont want me to have it :rolleyes:

Err, no mate !!

Where you going to squeeze that in Paul :P

All your machines seem to just fit in your trailers B)

A good find, does it run???

I think you mean our trailers are just the right size Chris !!

Yep she's a runner

There was a Markham tractor in the Hastings area a few months ago. I was tempted but the seller didn't fully answer my questions or evaded his answers. I was going to get my brother to collect it and store it in his barn had I bought it for collection at a later date. Paul, yours is in better condition than the one in Hastings. A good find.

Here's the listing number 361112210236

Thanks I did see that one but did not act on it, glad I didn't now as this one is in better nick :)

Apparently these were really expensive when they were first on sale, congratulations paul ,a great purchase

Thanks Neil, I gather they were expensive, I reckon that's why so few were made...

Wow! Nice little machine I too saw the one on that auction site in Hastings, this one is in far better condition, am I correct

in thinking they are slightly larger then the average wheel horse?

Hope too see it out and about this year!

PS: I got the small holders show entry form through the other day, cheers, ill send that off to you as soon as :)

Congrats Paul and Wendy, that's a great find.. I look forward to seeing it at Binnenden this year :D

Looks like its going to Tractorfest then... :)

Wow! Nice little machine I too saw the one on that auction site in Hastings, this one is in far better condition, am I correct in thinking they are slightly larger then the average wheel horse?

Hope too see it out and about this year!

PS: I got the small holders show entry form through the other day, cheers, ill send that off to you as soon as :)

Thanks Charlie, as you know I am trying for a small International line up this year, something different...

Thanks Charlie, as you know I am trying for a small International line up this year, something different...

You may never know what else may turn up Paul ;)

Nice find ..looks to be a good solid machine......they had i believe lots of attachments, and the kohler engines are great. I am tempted by a jacobson chief 1200 at the moment myself (12hp Kohler 1968)..but my sheds are packed!!