steve d

the jobber motorised garden fork

Saw one of these today with the finger mower attachment.

I would like to see the fork in action if you can post a vid.. I can only imagine it's like a pogo stick gone wrong!!

I know you could lay it flat and run a belt off it to jiggle a sieve/riddle, dunno where I read that though. Info on them seems to be

pretty scarce, which is weird because you would think they would be collectible what with all the attachments. There was a

finger mower attachment on the bay recently.

The finger mower attachment on the bay is the one I bought as seen above !!! :D

I will talk to steve d as he has the one with the fork see if we can post something on here...

Steve turned up yesterday with the tank cap, its the right one so that finishes off the tank

This unit will go to the Smallholders Show next weekend with a sign saying "Work in Progress" along with the other two complete Jobbers. :)

Got round to doing a bit more to this machine, cowling/tank unit removed and painted, the front plate and support bracket have been painted as

well ,the blue is the closest match I could get to the Jobber with the hedge trimmer...

Exhaust done in heat resistant paint as well

post-99-0-15201800-1405702362_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-87585600-1405702418_thumb.jpg

Saw a JAP 34 engine on that well known auction site, it had the correct back plate with integral mounting brackets as on the Jobber so

this was won and arrived today. It will see use on Jobber 2, I just need to swap all the bits over...

post-99-0-37356700-1408653976_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-90625300-1408654015_thumb.jpg

A recent addition to my Jobber collection is a complete unit with almost all of the tools that were offered for the Jobber...

Its also shown today after a clean up with the project Jobber, which is an ongoing restoration...

post-99-0-17806500-1416060532_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-74890900-1416060594_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-85878100-1416060691_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-99120300-1416060742_thumb.jpg

Yes mate the lighter coloured one has an earlier version of the JAP 34 engine with different spark plug mounting

and tank,it was this colour when I bought it (same as the one Steve D has done up) so that's the colour it ended up,

the other two were the darker blue so they have been painted in the best match I could get. :)