nigel

BOLENS RIDEAMATIC

Thanks Nigel, an absolute gem of a find.

Love it!

Will sort out collection/payment via PM.

What age, hp etc. is that then? And shouldn't it be white or is it trying to impersonate a WH?   :yankchain:

That red will have to go........

1960 to 63 and I think 8hp?

It should be gold with white wheels if it's 1963 but before that date I think it was green. T.je I'd number will glean more information.

I Seen a lot of these in gold and I think White/ cream came into standard form from the mid 60s. Bolens don't half make it difficult to ascertain paint colours on the older ones.

Edited by Triumph66

Great tractor Andrew, I love it.

The decals on the side of the hood have coloured letters on a transparent background. It looks like they masked around the complete decal before painting so you can see the original colour around the letters. I can't tell from the pictures if that is gold or cream but that is probably my eyesight.

Looks like it has all the belt guards and it is electric start too. Does not get any better. I love the deck and it looks easy to copy. ;)

Fantastic addition to your fleet although I think it would be better in my collection :)

It does not look out of place in red, in fact it looks like the tractor that WH should have make :yankchain::hide:

Iain

Hi Andrew

Is that the one you are going to fit your plough on, would look nice :england:  :brr:

George S

Ideally I would like to get the Bolens 1254 to be my plough tractor. If not then either the 800 or the RAM to do the job. The 1254 is 12hp and has more torque to pull the plough.

post-97-0-14963400-1425138066_thumb.jpg

OB,

I tried to pull it down it down but it won't budge! Bolens certainly knew how to make them!

Chris,

Lovely photos of your old RAM. I must confess that the aged red paint work look good on them.

When did you sell it?

Nigel and Ian, As you have both seen it, do you think the red paint can be removed (carefully) to reveal the original paint underneath!

3m clean and strip disks are the best product to use to remove the red paint, however it will be very time consuming.

Many years ago I used these disks to remove a word that was hand painted on the door of someone's car which suggested his sexual preference was for working alone. It work well although it took a long time and a steady hand (no pun intended) and was better than repainting the panel on a car which had a difficult colour to match.

Iain