robdono

Hi one and all from a newbie :) love this place

Just thought i would introduce myself to everyone I'm pretty new here but already love this site, I love all old machines especially old ride one and compact tractors. I have started out repairing newer machines and selling on but my real passion is anything old and vintage that needs restoring its a pleasure seeing something old and neglected taken and restored. I have just bought an old bolens which I believe is an 850 I have added a gallery and as you can see not only has some one ripped it to bits and painted it green I have quite a big job on my hands :) being my first restoration I intend to hopefully take it back as near to original condition as possible there a some parts missing which hopefully I can get hold of in the future....

Any tips and advice will be appreciated and hopefully some of you out there might have a few parts for sale

Welcome Rob from another Bolens owner.

Be good if you post your Bolens photos in your thread.

There are a few Bolens owners on here with more knowledge and experience than me and they will appear in due course. The solidity of these little tractors are unbelievable. Enjoy your first Bolens as you will probably buy another one in due course!

What parts do you need?

Cheers

Andrew

I'll certainly be buying one or two more triumph66 just need to figure out where to hide them from the girlfriend haha I know all the electrics and lights are missing, all the PTO workings and housing are gone. I got the engine running the other day so I'm just starting to strip and catalogue it all to see what's there and what's missing

If yours is an 850 tube frame then it was made between 1966 to 69 powered by an Wisconsin 8 1/4 HP engine (S- 8D) as shown in your photos. It had a high/low range lever and diff lock with 3 gears.

Welcome to MOM Robdono . Hiding tractors from the Mrs is a real problem for a lot of us , I just bought another on Friday but had to sneak it in the back door , it was like a military operation , she ain't found it yet , but she will.

Good luck

Hi & Welcome.

I saw that bolens on ebay???

Thought about it, but has I have 4, a house, baby & angry woman if I buy any more :angry:  :D

Edited by Chris

I think the one from Bristol had the Husky dog logo on the front, yellow wheels, a slick 50 sticker and a metal seat. I think I vaguely recall seeing this one on the bay a few months ago.

Hi Rob, welcome to MOM, happy you like it here..

You did well, managing to buy a Bolens before Andrew (Triumph66) buys them all :lol:

There are plenty of great Bolens guys here to help you out with advice :thumbs:

Yes triumph66 it was on e bay a few months ago and just happened to be only 6 miles away from me i dont think the guy actually knew what he had in his garage he had decided to rip it apart to try to fit a motorbike engine in it for some strange reason

medowfield, im from a little place called kildale on the edge of the north yorks moors its about 15 miles outside middlesbrough teeside

Hi neil i believe you might be the guy who put me onto this site and whom has just kindly supplied me with the dynastarter off e bay

haha im sort of what you would call "on the fence" im from grest ayton originally just down the road from where i am now its on the border of north yorkshiire and cleveland but im definetly on the yorkshire side

Love whitby im just on the other side of the moor from there about half hour drive

from what i have heard ill have to try to beat you to them first haha where do you normally see them advertised at i have only really looked on e bay and there normally way down south from me, i dont mind travelling but i only have a little suzuki carry van (yes sooty van)

Rob