grumps

Mountfield 25 ride on

Hi everyone.

Been on this site on this for nearly a year now, in the background.

I've got a Wheel Horse B115 and a Mountfield 25 circa 1970s which I use every week in the grass cutting season.

Anyhow, I need a blade boss for the Mountfield 25, Does anyone have one or know where i might get one.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Regards Colin.  (grumps)

There's an off chance that I may have something but before I go searching does your blade have the round or the "double D " centre hole ? From memory there were some running changes and at one point ordering a boss would result in being supplied an update kit including a new shaft.

Hi Wristpin.     Thanks for your reply.

I will go out to the shed later on and take photo's of the bits and try to put them on here,

My computer skills are not very good, but I will try!

Grumps.

Hi Colin,  welcome to MOM. I can't help you with your Mountfield part I'm afraid, but there are plenty of helpful chaps here and someone might have what you need..

It would be cool to see some photo's of you Mountfield and Wheel Horse :thumbs:

haven't managed to get photo's on here yet,   Probably have to get the Grandchildren to help me at the weekend.

I live in Bickerton, North Yorkshire, which is 3 miles east of Wetherby but have a West Yorkshire post code?

Grumps.

Hi Wristpin.

The blade has a single hole 1" diam and 7/8" across the flats, is that what you mean by double D?

it's 24 + 3/4" long with the ends turned up behind the cutting edge.

Regards Grumps.

No luck yet putting photo of blade boss on here, Grandkids didn't come round at the weekend.

I can E mail them to someone on here if they wouldn't mind putting them on for me.

While I'm here can someone tell me the weight of Wheel Horse B 115 with a 36" mower deck and also the correct size of the transmission belt

Grumps..

No luck yet putting photo of blade boss on here, Grandkids didn't come round at the weekend.

I can E mail them to someone on here if they wouldn't mind putting them on for me.

While I'm here can someone tell me the weight of Wheel Horse B 115 with a 36" mower deck and also the correct size of the transmission belt

Grumps..

Hello Colin, Just spotted your cry for help. I don't know anything about  Mountfields, but I'll PM you my Email add so you can send me the pics to post for you here.

As for the B115, I only have the Dry weight of a '78' B-111 which is 187kgs (don't know if it includes Deck).

Also, the B-115 was marketed from 1980 -84 powered by Briggs 11hp with a peerless 5 speed. There is also an Auto model in 84 with an Eaton transmission.

Please post your Tractor Model number and I'll confirm the Belt part number and length needed for the Transmission Drive for you.

There's an off chance that I may have something but before I go searching does your blade have the round or the "double D " centre hole ? From memory there were some running changes and at one point ordering a boss would result in being supplied an update kit including a new shaft.

Received this image from Colin for perusal and clarification -

post-94-0-71538500-1428352938_thumb.jpg

Regards

Hi All.

Managed to find a lump of cast iron in my scrap box so I've made a new blade boss

Thanks to Anglo Traction for the info on the weight of a Wheel Horse. 

The drive belt has been replaced and now works fine

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Grumps.