bowtiebutler956

IHC LB Stationary Flywheel Engine

Great work!

Thanks Mark.  :)

Love the open valve gear. :thumbs: 

Thanks Norm, and I agree, its really cool to be able to see the valvetrain working. Thats why I took the valve cover off in the second video.  :D

Matt

Good to see it running Matt, yep the open valve gear does look cool :thumbs:

Thanks Ian. I think I have a lead on the parts I need to get it running properly, so hopefully it will be in top running order soon.

Matt

Well, I got the parts I needed. You can see the compensation valve that was missing in my old elbow below the carb. The last pic is of the rusted off nub that was all that was left of the compensation valve pin. The next pics are of the replacement elbow I picked up. I got it painted, and hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow. I'm sure you'll notice that I included my beautifully painted screwdrivers in the pics.  :D

Matt

post-112-0-52709000-1429301788_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-37701700-1429301793_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-23878400-1429301795_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-42543800-1429301797_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-52913600-1429301856_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could start a new trend Matt. Custom painted hand tools.. Any color you like as long as it matches what ever else you were spraying at the time :D

Thats a great idea!  :lol:

Matt

Its still not running as good as I would like, but its running much better than it was. I'm confident that with a bit more tinkering, it will run perfectly. Here is a video.

Matt

looks and sounds great Matt :thumbs:  only one thing i'm worried about, my horse sounds just like that at idle, is that normal :ph34r:

Thanks, and this engines operating speed is 600-1000 rpm's, so at WOT its still probably slower than you Kohlers idle.  :D  Now, if your saying your Kohler has that choppy inconsistent sound to i t at idle, then I'd say its time for a good tune up.  :thumbs:

Matt

Matt, That Looks very Nice!!    With all those engines you have ....you would fit right in up here at our annual power pioneer days!!  I think you'd steal the whole show with the talent you have. :)  :)  :)

Matt, That Looks very Nice!!    With all those engines you have ....you would fit right in up here at our annual power pioneer days!!  I think you'd steal the whole show with the talent you have. :)  :)  :)

I doubt I'd steal the show, but it sure would be alot of fun. Thanks Terry. ;)

Matt