Phyliss

My Wheelhorse

That's an absolute beauty you got there Philip. In my humble opinion I would keep it just as it and apply a coat of Owatrol to enhance the patina. The RJ 58 are my favourite Å´heel Horse models and look similar to the Bolens round hood models like the 800.

Doesn't look like it needs drastic measures to restore it. :thumbs:   What was the set up on the front for?

Hi Stormin,

It's not bad. The engine turns with a bit of compression & new points are ordered so i'll see if it starts soon. I believe the front set up is for a dozer type blade. There are pictures of these moving snow around. I hope to get the blade, if it can be found, later in the year.

Hello Phillip, made it here finally, the RJ's looking good mate, better than the first photos you sent me,

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progress. Chris

Hello Chris, 

As you know, i've never been heavily into horticultural machinery as i've been brought up around stationary engines & later got into larger tractors. Working on garden machinery for a living can put you off playing with them at weekends but this tractor just seemed different; especially if the children are keen in it. Thanks for the welcome Chris.

Regards, Philip

That's an absolute beauty you got there Philip. In my humble opinion I would keep it just as it and apply a coat of Owatrol to enhance the patina. The RJ 58 are my favourite Å´heel Horse models and look similar to the Bolens round hood models like the 800.

I wouldn't mind leaving as is but it's the wrong colour. Also i've got stationary engines in oily rag condition so fancied something shiny. I'll see what opinion is nearer the time. 

Great machine, I would love one of those. Wheel weights is a great addition.

Iain

Hi Iain.

The wheel weights were handy for the chap i got it from as he used it for ploughing. They do however increase its weight by quite a bit.

Hello Philip nice to see you on here, I was talking to your dad at Ardingly yesterday, sorry I did not get your message...

That RJ looks very sweet, nice find ! :thumbs:

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the welcome. When i first found the Wheelhorse i thought yourself or showman would know more about it than i.

I'm normally working on later machinery with maybe a Raider 12 occasionally coming in for a "get going" being the oldest machine.

Evening All,

Having acquired the front blade for the RJ at the weekend i thought i'd put up a few photos of it more or less complete. The rear plough, which is a Barford Atom item, is the one that was used on the RJ by the previous owner; disc to be found.

When the blade arrived home my 5 year old son was chuffed to bits; jumping around with excitement. :) His 2 year old sister however didn't know what the fuss was all about but joined in jumping anyway.

I'll take it to a couple of shows as is before restoration starts although i  don't want to end up with it in bits if i need it in any snow :)

post-451-0-98528500-1433185508_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-09403900-1433185540_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-76155100-1433185570_thumb.jpg

Great to meet you at the weekend Philip. The blade looks great on your RJ :thumbs:

Can't be many blades that have done that many miles in such a short time :)

Iain

Great to meet you at the weekend Philip. The blade looks great on your RJ :thumbs:

Can't be many blades that have done that many miles in such a short time :)

Iain

Hello Iain, 

Likewise, it was good to meet yourself & Tom at the weekend although the weather could of been kinder on Sunday. As you say there's not many blades that have done that many miles but thank you & Tom for bringing it back to Surrey, or Sussex where i am.

Philip

Good evening.

Just thought i'd share a few photos of the latest attachment for the Wheelhorse RJ. I believe it's a CBR-32. Its a bit of a squeeze but does clear everything although the snow blade bracket will have to be removed to allow it to lift fully.

My children thought it was ok but were more thrilled wth the trailer :)

Philip

post-451-0-79390000-1434135603_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-04810700-1434135638_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-27831000-1434135697_thumb.jpg

post-451-0-81870200-1434135730_thumb.jpg

That's a lucky find Philip, I assume your not going to accept my offer then, it would look much better on my RJ35 :D

Glad you like it Chris :) As you know i'll be in touch if i need to ;)