slf-uk

Grass cutting weekend with a twist

I didn't appreciate how long our grass was until Saturday so some serious grass cutting was in order.

The first job was to service the push mower so my wife could forge ahead with the smaller bits of grass and then sort out my son's electric toy car so he could tow trailers of grass cuttings from the push mower.

I have been side tracked recently with new purchases and neglected the repairs needed on the main grass cutting tractor, the Bolens HT23. I did attempt to use it but it was too sick, those Kohler twins are a pain. I then spent the rest of Saturday hooking out a deck for a Bolens tube frame tractor which was hidden at the back of one of my storage sheds.

The plan for Sunday was an early start, rebuild the tubeframe deck, drop it on a tractor and forge ahead. When I opened the bedroom curtains on Sunday morning I was faced with this surprise from my wife.

post-276-0-70263600-1429466252_thumb.jpg

I cut most of it out with the tractor today but as the push mower is set lower it can still be seen. So if you are planning to fly into Norwich fleapit International airport look out for it.

Iain