Tom

The bug has bitten once again...

Thanks guys. I am struggling in regards the ignition plug and ammeter but I'm hoping I can overcome these. Push comes to shove I will order a brand new toro ammeter and just crimp connectors for the ignition switch. I am hoping to get another order from a guy in America in the coming months with some wheel horse parts so I may get him to send over some ignition plugs and the terminals that fit inside them. I can then cut the connectors off and fit an ignition switch..

Tom

Small update: I have ordered 90% of the parts now. New fuel line and filter, skateboard grip tape for the foot plates, different coloured cable and also battery cable, inline fuse holder and fuse and also some new decals from Mark! I just need a battery, rear tail light bulb and an ammeter and I will be there. In the long run I hope to fit a hydraulic lift and some new tyres. I cannot wait to get this one running!

Tom

Tom,

Have you thought of getting an ignition plug pre-wired and either join trim back and join onto the existing wiring or pop the wires out of the plug and insert your existing wires. This is the type of thing I was thinking of http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Switch-Universal-Wiring-Harness-5-prong-18-long/181725389121?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30545%26meid%3D608513c038d54b68ab8205a6d737501f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301303748195&rt=nc

Many different pre-wired plugs available to suit the configuration of your switch

Iain

Thanks for the link Iain, that looks very interesting, it would save me a lot of work and make it look near.. I may have to order one or two, it would make sense to order more than one to save on shipping..

Tom

Hi all,

Had some time on the C-120 today. Got it all wired up, new fuel lines and filter and turned the key and off she went. I am very happy. It does smoke a little but I'm hoping a carb clean and de-carbon the head will help. It does run well though and the throttle shaft has minimal wear.  

ED655A54-0F0D-4EFE-A33F-9EEA03272260.jpg

CA128F89-2830-4F6C-8611-229F23C725C4.jpg

Group photo:

26041233-5423-4D69-9C44-4281DE2774F2.jpg

The next things to do are put the new decals on, grip tape on the foot boards, install an ammeter and clean up wiring and fuel lines and finally get a new battery for it. The only other problem is that the headlights work however they are intermittent and it's only when you wiggle the wires they work, faulty connection within the unit I expect? I haven't looked into it but are they sealed or can you split them?

I have a video that I will try and upload later on.

Tom

The lights will come all the bits, Tom. Take out the 4 screws on the front and the lights come off the back. Just make sure you have hold of the case, before removing the last screw.