the showman

Had this GIVEN to me today

Not as quick as Pmackellow lol

I need to put my thinking cap on and make a hitch, so i can lift it clear of the ground to transport it around and work off the deck handle.

put some wheels on top, when done harrowing just flip it and yer done

um  :wacko:   i bought one of these exactly the same as that about three weeks ago, and the fellow has got another one, will give you a pm chris

Had an hour or so on the zig-zag, found some junk metal in the pile and started making the drawbar thingy, bit of tube a bit of box section and a couple of gate hinges. Still thinking how i can lift it off the ground for traveling.

The chains might be a bit long but i can always shorten them.

Next bit is the hitch end to do then once its attached to the tractor i can work out how to lift the back with the lift handle

post-98-0-29570900-1432139470_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-32373900-1432139488_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-16851700-1432139503_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-50139600-1432139519_thumb.jpg

I take it the standard hitch will slide into the box section? You could use the slot hitch to lift it off the ground. Length of box with one end to fit the slot hitch and long enough to lie along the harrow when down. Some QD method of fixing box to harrow for transportation. Lift slot hitch and harrow should lift up.

The more i look at the photos the more i think it won't work, I need it to swivel when I'm on the turns with the tractor which it would if i drilled a hole in the end and pinned it to a regular tow hitch but i want it to lift.

I think it needs to swivel where the box meets the tube then put it into a slot hitch to get the lift. Doh

Forget about the frame. Join the chains to a ring and the ring to the hitch. I'm sure that's how the ones at the farm are. I have to go there this afternoon, so 'll check.

Forget about the frame. Join the chains to a ring and the ring to the hitch. I'm sure that's how the ones at the farm are. I have to go there this afternoon, so 'll check.

Yes that would cure the turning, but how would i get the lift

Modify your T bar so that the harrow can hang from it using the slot hitch. The chains fasten to the standard hitch. When in use, the T-bar is disconnected from the harrow and removed or just raised.