Tom

Not another one...

:o  :o

I have only gone and bought another vintage piece of machinery, not a wheel horse this time though, I didn't expect to see one so close to me but I had to have it! I wonder if you can guess what it is :D

photo%2024.jpg

Except Iain, you are exempt as you have already seen it :lol:

Tom

Thanks for all the comments guys! Before it goes to any shows I need to get the engine running and bolted in properly! It has compression so fingers crossed there isn't too much wrong with it, time will tell..

Tom

That is a really great Cub that you got Tom. I am really pleased that I got to see it and I can honestly say it looks even better in the flesh than in the pictures. The rear hitch is a great bonus.

You didn't waste any time dropping that engine back in.

Did you date it from the registration number or find the plate?

Iain

Hi Iain,

I am certainly pleased it has the rear lift. I just plonked the engine on there for a picture :) There is actually a serial number on the reduction box, using a serial number date tool online it dated to January 1963. The registration plate was also registered in 1963.

Tom

Very nice Tom,

I picked up a cub cadet 70 the other week with the same hitch on the back, I was beginning to think it was homemade because no one on the cub cadet forum had ever seen one,

Awesome!

Where do you keep finding all these great machines Tom?   No such luck down this way!

Knowing how fast you work I'm sure your have the CC up and running in no time.. The three point will come in handy :thumbs:

As much as I'd like a Bolens I really can't buy no more for a while! I will just have to come round yours Iain and drive yours about :lol:

Thanks Ian! I think I have been quite lucky recently with finding them close to me, usually they are all down your way or up North! It would be nice to get it running and stick a plough on it for rural past times, hmmm...

Tom

I keep trying to persuade Tom to add a Bolens to his collection.

You would not dare sell any of yours Iain :D  :P

Good machine Tom B)

Thanks Chris :D

Very nice Tom,
I picked up a cub cadet 70 the other week with the same hitch on the back, I was beginning to think it was homemade because no one on the cub cadet forum had ever seen one,
Awesome!

Hi Ewan,

They seem to have got people thinking, I spoke to a chap in the US and he said that it wasn't original to the tractor but it's weird how they are both identical, unless it was something that was manufactured and fitted over here..

Tom