expeatfarmer

Tractor World Malvern 2016

I met Mark Woodward the organiser of Tractor World Malvern at Newby hall this weekend, he informed me that due to a clash with a sewing and needlework show the dates for 2016 have been changed to 27th and 28th February.

The good news is that as they now have the entire showground and all halls there is scope for bigger displays which will include the 30 odd Ransomes MG crawlers and derivatives we are hoping to display. Bit of a pain for those that have booked hotels etc but at least it should mean we can re book nearer to the venue.

The show at Newby Hall was a great weekend, it was good to meet up with a number of forum members and put faces and names to avatars, bit of a shame that there were only two Ransomes on display compared to about twenty Wheel Horses may be some others will turn up next year.

I think he may have been confused by the Wheelhorse gathering at Newby Hall Tractor fest as there were over twenty machines on show. I spoke to the owners and they did not mention Malvern except two guys who also have Ransomes who want to bring them.

It looks as if there are going to be at least 30 machines exhibiting at Tractor World Malvern on 27th / 28th February. We have a large stand along one wall of the first hall and space in the centre so there is no restriction on numbers for anyone who would like to display a machine. The plan is to set out the machines in age order from the left of the stand, if you are displaying it would help if you know the year of manufacture. As I have said before it is not about having a shiny machine it is about taking part and meeting other owners so even if your machine has the patina of decades or a fresh coat of paint please do register and come along. It is an excellent show with hundreds of tractors, loads of trade stands,used parts stands and a massive auction so plenty to do see and buy.No charge for exhibiting and free entry passes if you do. The idea is that there will be at least one of every model of MG tractor that Ransomes produced from 1937 to 1965 including the very rare industrial machines. Currently we are light on MG5 models and the later MG40 machines, a Sachs engined MG40 would be good. Over the years machines have been modified for special purposes ( three wheel shunter ) or just to keep them running engine swaps etc. Such machines are also part of the history of the MG tractor and as such are just as welcome as the machines in original order. Rebuild restorations and projects in progress are very welcome as long as you have the means to move them around on site. If you are going to attend but not display, do bring along any photos of MG machines and implements that you may have, we are setting up a display board with pictures of tractors from all over the world provided by enthusiasts who are too far away to take part. I look forward to meeting up with you, I am the shy good looking white haired bloke with a pipe!!!  

Had a very prompt response from Mark Woodward confirming that my entry to Tractor World has been received.

Am very much looking forward to Malvern,

The shy good looking grey haired bearded bloke without a pipe.

In addition to the 33 machines booked in so far ( still time if you hurry ) There will be a display from the MERL Archives, a display of Literature relating to the tractors, another display of literature relating to implements , a display of photos of machine around the World and a stand from Neil Jarrett carrying spare parts and interesting Ransomes items. If you need a particular part, ring Neil and ask him for what you need.

Just realised that the show is only 3 weeks away and I've still got about half a dozen machines for my exhibit to get ready. I'm going to be busy!

Just been looking at the October tractorworld, however the cheapest I can book a hotel room for two nights is £138, plus the £80 odd of diesel the cabstar would guts going there and back means that I'll have to only do the malvern show unless anyone knows of any better deals on hotels/b&b's.