Listerman77

Ransome's triple mower

I have acquired an old Ransome's triple mk4 mower. It uses a MAG 2055 twin petrol engine. Anyone know where I can get a manual for the engine?

I have the Operators manual for both diesel and MAG petrol twin engine Ransome Triple mk4s, lots of info. A copy of the engine manual sold just a month or so ago on Epay.UK for 5p, might keep an eye out there, or ask some of the mower shops if the will make you a copy. If you want a copy of my manual, you will have to email me, its 12.3MB, maybe I can download it to the manuals section

EDIT: I also have a Instructions and Maintenance Instructions Spare Parts List for the MAG 2055 SRL, but it is in French

Thankyou for the reply. Yes I have the operators manual downloaded, it's the engine details I am looking for. Good idea about going to mower agency. What else were MAG engines fitted to?

Regards

Motosacoche began in 1899, by Henri and Armand Dufaux in Geneva. The Dufaux brothers were French however they had long family ties with Switzerland, and Geneva, their grandfather Henri Rochefort (Marquis de Rochefort Ducay) took refuge there after escaping exile (and immortalized in a painting by Manet) by Napoleon III during the Second Empire of France (learned in Humanitites 2 this semester), for demanding the return of the free press, and democratic life and rule.  They were once the biggest Swiss motorcycle manufacturer known for its Motosacoche Acacias Genève engines used by other European motorcycle manufacturers, or the MAG engine as they became known. Around 1900 Motosacoche started making bicycle auxiliary engines in a subframe that could be installed into a conventional bicycle. This looked like an engine in a bag, that's how the Motosacoche name came to be, as translated it was engine in a bag. In 1910 Royal Enfield used Motosacoche 344 cc engines in V-twin model. They supposedly supplied Triumph, Ariel, Matchless, and the Brough Superior companies engines at times too, first as H & A Dufaux England Ltd, and after 1912 as, Motosacoche Ltd, with sales agent Osborne Louis De Lissa based in the UK. Motosacoche had factories in Switzerland, France and Italy, and supplied MAG engines to European manufacturers including Clement, Condor, Imperia, Neander and Monet Goyon. Sadly Motosacoche was gone by the late 1950's, probably due to American manufacturers that could churn out large quantities of engines at low prices.

Visit http://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/motosacoche.htm They may be the place to go for a manual or anything else related to Motosacoche.

Alain

I've got a workshop manual . I'll scan and upload it later.

On Edit.

Here it is. I've omitted two pages illustrating special tools but can add them if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thcxuf525qssvos/MAG%202055%20%20WS%20Manual0001.pdf?dl=0

I notice that some of the correspondence and manuals that I have are dated 1970  so Headexam may be a bit pessimistic in attributing Mag's demise to the 1950s.

Edited by Wristpin

On Edit.

Here it is. I've omitted two pages illustrating special tools but can add them if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thcxuf525qssvos/MAG%202055%20%20WS%20Manual0001.pdf?dl=0

I notice that some of the correspondence and manuals that I have are dated 1970  so Headexam may be a bit pessimistic in attributing Mag's demise to the 1950s.

as always pessimistic. I have a problem believing much, supposedly the company ceased to exist in 1957, but they may not be the case, Bolens mower history is proof of that, never say never, lol, you got me on that one. Of course literature and manufacturing are quite different. But I believe you may be correct sir as in the early 50s Kuchen designed German motorcycles were sold as Motosacoche's, but this was a failure and by 1956 motorcycles were no being made, but MAG stationary and industrial motors continued.

http://www.mag-motoren.com/Ueber%20uns/Uns-Index-mag-aktuell-englisch.htm

Wristpin - got the manual now - thanks a lot, just what I need. I've got rid of the squirrel's nest around the cylinders and now need to track down all the extra wiring someone has put in!

It seems to have a non standard dustributer cap, right size but only 2 of 4 ht outlets used. It used to run apparently.

Cheers

Hey

Did anyone have a workshop manual for a mag 2055 ?

The links that are in the thread is dead.

On 7/13/2015 at 7:28 PM, Wristpin said:

On Edit.

Hey

I think your link is dead, I have tried it but there is not happening anything