nigel

the showman and me went ploughing today

Nigel left early and missed the vintage tractor road run, it was over 2 hours through the fields and country lanes, 16 tractors many with trailers full of people all the different sounds of old machinery was very good.

When we got back to the show the club organised a big BBQ which was very nice, lots of good food and good company

Yes it is Neil, im going to turn one of the 800's into a working tractor and do a few mods to it, don't really want to change the Raider

Good call Chris, the Raider does look great as she is :thumbs:

I tried letting it down and it stopped digging in, so I spent some time moving it around with no luck.

as soon as I lifted it to were it is . it worked much better.

this was done on Saturday when the plough wasn't polished as you can see by the first lot of photos the disc was going in the ground much better as it was taking the paint off and began to polish it .

when I looked at the furrow the disc had made a nice cut.

I may try letting it down again now its cleaned up

Maybe its because the plough was going in deep, I should have tried it higher but didn't think at the time, towards the end

of Saturday and Sunday it was working so well and I was enjoying it I just kept going.

Ive still a lot to learn but having fun

this was a stubble field norm when the disk was lower it kept lifting the plough out the ground, a match ploughman told us to

lift the disc on this type of ground and i must say it ploughed 100% better

thanks george funny thing was we had a top match ploughman on a fergie next to us he was jumping on and off his tractor all day with poles and tape measure at the end of the day, his didnt look much better than what chris and i did playing, i think it was cos the dirt just crumbled :D