Stormin

TIMBERRRR!

As some may recall, I mow the green and verges in our little hamlet. Recently, while doing the verge 'twixt lane and pond, I thought the foliage above seemed to be getting lower. On doing some investigation, I discovered a tree on the opposite bank was reaching right across the pond. The only thing stopping it falling in was a large Leylandii tree whose branches it was resting on and it's weight pulling that down..

post-111-0-77113300-1443116446_thumb.jpg

It would be only a matter of time before both ended up in the pond and on the lane. So today, as not much water in the pond, myself and a neighbour's son set too to remedy the situation.

First,  using  one of those pole chainsaws and my extending loper with pull saw attachment, we cut of as much as we could off both trees, to reduce the weight.

Next I cut through the trunk of the tree on the far bank. Not completely, just enough for it to start to fall.

Then back over to the Leylandii and cut through the branches supporting the other tree. until it descended gracefully.

post-111-0-11019200-1443116532_thumb.jpg

The Leyladii was then felled dragged out using my Discovery and cut into manageable pieces. The Disco was used again to extract the other tree from the pond.

My C-121 (The Black Horse) and Saxon trailer were then pressed into service transporting several loads of logs.

post-111-0-25180800-1443116721_thumb.jpg

More to move tomorrow and another dying tree to fell.

thanks for this the Mrs just peered over my shoulder and said see other people are getting there wood cut for winter I no what ill be doing at the weekend