moogie

New Tractor Workshop

Managed to find enough motivation today to make my way out to the workshop.

Preheated the room and managed to get a coat on the floor which dried fairly quickly.

post-634-0-99669700-1450119957_thumb.jpg

For the next part i had to call in my father to give me a hand to cut in the walls and floor so i could concentrate on rolling on the paint before it started to go off as it was two pack.

post-634-0-52024100-1450120296_thumb.jpg

Still another coat to go on the walls tomorrow hopefully, and then a red band to break up the blue and white.

Got the last coat of paint on the walls and floor last night, opened up the workshop this morning to find this.

post-634-0-23140700-1450282890_thumb.jpg

Absolutely gutted, all my hard work and money for nothing :( it must have been too cold and damp last night and has caused the paint to bloom. Dont think there is anything i can do with it other than get another gallon of paint at £40 and give it another coat.

post-634-0-48376400-1450283147_thumb.jpg

Wow that's awesome, maybe I should paint my floor!

You need to make sure your floor is oil free or the paint wont stick to it, also, if the floor has been power floated to a smooth finish you will need to scrabble it to allow the paint to key. If your new to painting floors, remember to thin the first coat quite a bit to allow it to soak into the concrete. Should be the consistency of full fat milk. If its standard floor paint you will use white spirit, if its two pack use cellulose thinners.

Got a start made on a new work bench today.

Three inch angle iron for legs and three building planks. Had to scribe the first plank to the wall as it was a bit wobbly. Still need to get some 2mm sheet folded up to go on top of the planks, make a shelf for underneath and mount the vice.

post-634-0-57463600-1450908326_thumb.jpg