Alan

1978 SEARS / ROPER GT16

Such a pity that the tractor won't be staying with you Alan, you've put so much work into it... :(

Yes, it is a shame Paul. Had planned to use it and play on John's land, plus also hoped to take it to shows.  But as said, once John has sold up I don't have room at home for it or a trailer to get it around. 

The plan now is a 1/2 size semi scale tractor which should fit into my Meriva.  Just about big enough to sit on.  This is partly built, ( slow job due to helping John ), using mainly bits from the Showman's favourite hunting ground and will be known as LITTLE HORSE.  We have a Black horse, a Trac horse and a Shakin horse and maybe others so why not a Little Horse.

Yes, it is a shame Paul. Had planned to use it and play on John's land, plus also hoped to take it to shows.  But as said, once John has sold up I don't have room at home for it or a trailer to get it around. 

The plan now is a 1/2 size semi scale tractor which should fit into my Meriva.  Just about big enough to sit on.  This is partly built, ( slow job due to helping John ), using mainly bits from the Showman's favourite hunting ground and will be known as LITTLE HORSE.  We have a Black horse, a Trac horse and a Shakin horse and maybe others so why not a Little Horse.

You could call it " Half a Horse"

Had planned to use it and play on John's land, plus also hoped to take it to shows.  But as said, once John has sold up I don't have room at home for it or a trailer to get it around. 

I know what it's like Alan, same here where really sad unfortunate events affect people and you have to change your direction. Got to lose some of my 'Fold' and downsize this year  as well.

1/2 size sounds a good project . 

I know what it's like Alan, same here where really sad unfortunate events affect people and you have to change your direction. Got to lose some of my 'Fold' and downsize this year  as well.

1/2 size sounds a good project . 

There are times when John looks upset at seeing his years of collecting being disposed of Richard, but he also appears resigned to it.  As you and others probably know his aim when he retired 11 years ago was to spend time in his workshop and bring some of his machinery back to life.

The first few years were spent rebuilding parts of his house, still unfinished, then other things got in the way, the main one being his illness which has progressed rapidly over the last three years.  I have known him for about 45 years and it is sad to see him like this.

Hi there I have a Allen roper rt16  going to start restoration this winter I also have the problem of getting steering wheel off and still stuck fast