S1g

New Welder

After struggling to weld thin stuff with the arc welder scince my Mig

packed up, my boss said he'd buy me a new one if I was willing to

do the odd welding job for him aswell.

Here it is, got to say that it welds absolutely amazingly, even someone

who is as bad at welding as I am can get a nice run down, its nearly

as good as the 3phz ones I used at college a few years ago.

post-104-0-69474500-1452350165_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-15933900-1452350248_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-25897700-1452350331_thumb.jpg

That's exactly like this one, it's main use is going to be on metal like car bodies but sometimes it will be handy for bollocking the heat into hammer nose cones to pull the tool bushes in so the will come out. We had a look round and this one seemed to be the best price at the top end of domestic ones, it will probably only get used a couple of times a month so should be ideal. Certainly will be better than my old sealey one that was less power yet 3 times the size and weight.

I use mine quite a bit on full tilt just to get heat into something. Great for reducing labour, just grind of the weld after

Different take on "Weld a little, grind a lot" :rolleyes:

I used it this morning for the first time properly,putting some patches on my bosses caddy pickup's shock absorbor towers, not the prettiest but considering there was almost no metal left to weld to it did ok. Got a feeling it may be the pickup's last mot, but then again it is allmost 20 years old and the clock stopped at 212k about 8 years ago so has probably done well over 300k.

Looks a good bit of kit . I am spoilt i have a friend who is a professional welder and he is great at fabricating as well . Its got me out of a trouble a good few times.

Looks a good bit of kit . I am spoilt i have a friend who is a professional welder and he is great at fabricating as well . Its got me out of a trouble a good few times.

I am really please with it, perhaps not the tool if you're welding all day every day ( the reels of wire that it takes are too small for starters) but more than sufficient for the use that I'll give it.