mg_rob

Bristol 10

Hi all, here are a few photos of my Bristol 10 taken a couple of years ago when we moved it from one shed to another.

No electric start, you have to hand crank the Austin engine. Controls are a bit different to all my other crawlers in that there is only one steering lever, it makes running it up loading ramps quite tricky as you can't stop and brake both tracks. Throttle is via twist grip at the end of the steering lever.

Last photo shows the Bristol beside my Ransome crawlers for an idea of size.

Rob

post-293-0-42710200-1453643391_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-45421200-1453643392_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-11023100-1453643393_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-75591100-1453643393_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-36447300-1453643394_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-39850800-1453643401_thumb.jpg

Hi all, here are a few photos of my Bristol 10 taken a couple of years ago when we moved it from one shed to another.

No electric start, you have to hand crank the Austin engine. Controls are a bit different to all my other crawlers in that there is only one steering lever, it makes running it up loading ramps quite tricky as you can't stop and brake both tracks. Throttle is via twist grip at the end of the steering lever.

Last photo shows the Bristol beside my Ransome crawlers for an idea of size.

Rob

Very nice :thumbs: if I remember correctly, to make things more interesting,  the throttle is closed by turning the twist grip, rather than opening it

What a great collection, they are great to load on a trailer as with no weight in the back they Buck like a mad horse. Combined with the tiller steering getting them on trailer is interesting as you say :)

Very nice :thumbs: if I remember correctly, to make things more interesting,  the throttle is closed by turning the twist grip, rather than opening it

Yes, you twist the throttle clockwise to close it. I always forget.

What a great collection, they are great to load on a trailer as with no weight in the back they Buck like a mad horse. Combined with the tiller steering getting them on trailer is interesting as you say :)

Thanks. All crawlers can be fun on ramps, the Bristol 10 is particularly nose heavy though. On rough ground if your not careful you could find yourself out of the seat, I wouldn't like to try following you on one of your Wheelhorses :)  

Are you going to bring a Ransomes or two to Malvern?

If I didn't live in Northern Ireland I'd be there in a flash. That little stretch of water is a right rip-off to get across. I hope someone takes a lot of photos, I'm sure this must be the biggest gathering of Ransomes that has been organised.