pmackellow

Farmfitters Multi Gardner

Thanks for bringing me up to speed with all the latest news. this little wonder has many uses and more once you start using it regular. At least if you get stuck with the Clinton Jeff Lauber 1 could be able to assist I am sure. One word of warning and I have had this problem is do not loose the petrol tank top as they are a queer thread and nothing I could find would fit. I put an ad on an American small engine club and asked if anyone could help. was not long before a nice guy from states asked for my address. he told me he had 3 new ones in his stores and sent me it Free Gratis a real star.

Thanks for the advice John, so far I have been lucky as all machines have caps with them

The Briggs caps were ok to replace, I bought a box full from you know where but the Clinton one could be more of a problem... the one on it is ok though :)

More progress over the weekend...

Multigardner 3 has been painted and fitted to the graveyard mower chassis, and a new addition is this mower... although badged as a Norlett it is identical to the Farmfitters Rapier mower that was also offered as an attachment for the Multigardner...

I have another use for the B&S engine thats on it so nothing is going to waste... :)

post-99-0-20227900-1391963069_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-86364000-1391963099_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-05211300-1391963132_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-34610600-1391963166_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul, that's a quick transformation, did it take much to get the engine on numbe 3 going as it looks like a 2stroke, and I allways find them much more temperamental than four strokes?

Hi Paul, that's a quick transformation, did it take much to get the engine on numbe 3 going as it looks like a 2stroke, and I allways find them much more temperamental than four strokes?

Hello Gareth, when I bought it the previous owner said it was seized up... I have managed to free it off and its got bags of compression but as yet no spark... :(

With Tractor World imminent it has been prettied up for the show and then further investigation will take place after the show

best of luck at tractor world paul and wendy

Thanks John, as you know we are not trophy hunters but I want to put a good display on , hence the hours thrown at Number 3 to get it at least presentable for Joe Public to look at... :)

Hello Gareth, when I bought it the previous owner said it was seized up... I have managed to free it off and its got bags of compression but as yet no spark... :(

With Tractor World imminent it has been prettied up for the show and then further investigation will take place after the show

Thanks John, as you know we are not trophy hunters but I want to put a good display on , hence the hours thrown at Number 3 to get it at least presentable for Joe Public to look at... :)

Tractor world soon comes round, can't believe its allready 3years scince I last showed there. Maybe next year ill manage to get a few exhibits along.

Scary how the years roll by Gareth, I can't believe its three years since we took the Tarpen display there...

That also means its 3 years scince I last ran the gem. I'm ashamed to say that I parked it in the shed when I got home and it hasn't moved scince, I suppsose though that a lot of things have happened in the three years.

Been busy with the spanners this evening on the "new" mower, it started off on the bench as in the first photo and currently looks like as in the second photo !!

Good degrease and perhaps sort out some better wheels for it next...

post-99-0-81949700-1392068653_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-74814100-1392068685_thumb.jpg

I have to say Paul.. That's the funkyest mower chassis I have ever seen.  Somewhere between a 4 legged spider and a big ally doughnut!   Love it  :thumbs: 

I think its an interesting looking machine. Possibly that the wheel are more modern than the rest it. I would have thought they might have been a metal rim, or even something with an inflated tire.

I might be able to use the ones I have Nigel (thanks for the offer), I just need to take up some of the slack in them !!

Farmfitters banner and decals arrived from Titch today plus a couple of decals from the US, finishes Multigardner 3 off nicely...

post-99-0-28256100-1392319505_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-69227800-1392319556_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-79497600-1392319586_thumb.jpg