meadowfield

New addition to the fleet

Seems appropriate to put it under farming as its predominant use is in farming...

after a drought of 18 years I have finally got another proper Land Rover, having had two freelanders and a rav 4 there was still a hole in my life.

here she is, 14 years old, fairly tidy, low miles, td5 with overdrive and climate pack - I missed this on the first viewing, but that includes heated windscreen and seats! In a Land Rover that is the height of luxury!!! :D

image.jpeg

drives nicely, I'm sure within a week there will be oil leaks, rain leaks and grumbles from the gearbox. That's the fun of Land Rover ownership though :)

If you were wondering what's behind me, that's clowder looking down into hawkswick, the road behind me leads to malham tarn.

image.jpeg

Get your self a clutch claw

Sooooooooooo many defenders get stolen esp in Yorkshire & never seen again as broken up

nice truck, Not a proper Landy though, Not unless driving it is a real labour of love! its way to shiny and climate control! ;) I  don't even have a back window in mine! and the heaters like an asthmatic mouse blowing though a straw! bet you've even got a syncro gearbox! :D seriously though really nice buy, bit jealous expect to see some hardcore offroading shots!  heres a few from me and my mates, the old black series pickup is mine, :) IMG_20150412_132445419_HDR.jpgIMG_20150412_133721709.jpgFB_IMG_1452194640531[1].jpgFB_IMG_1452194629000[1].jpg

gotta use em, :) nothing better than being up the to diffs in mud! its why mine is not being restored beyond the mechanical side, it would only get scratched, Debbie's a work horse and play thing, not a dressage horse! :)  what you cant see in the first photo is that landys pointing down hill an a 45 degree angle for that tire change held back by another defenders winch, not a fun wheel change! :) 

IMG_20150412_124748492.jpg

1 hour ago, Stormin said:

Not good just on a high lift. And that handle should be straight up. Had a mate taken to hospital after being hit by one that slipped.

it wasnt ideal, we were making the best of a bad job, he had put wheel spacers on a week prevoisly, and the were of dubious quality and the threads sheared on the slope and the wheel fell off, only option was to fix it in situ, had the highlift plus blocks and the landy behind anchoring it, but it was still sketchy to say the least. handle was down because we had just let it down at that point on to the blocks so it wasnt under pressure:)

Edited by DevonianRedneck

Awesome 90 defender Mark I must admit I do miss my landrovers , my disco recently blew her head gasket & she was too old for  repairing so for the first time in 22 years I am know rover less.

Although I'm without my landy, I still managed to stay with a 4x4 Chevy  which I have had now for a month or so .

Enjoy your new Wheels Mark.

image.jpgimage.jpg