Sign in to follow this  
adgecutler

A couple more implements for the collection :)

Yesterday I collected a front blade/snow plough and a lawn sweeper from a fellow forum member. This morning as it was very wet here I took the opportunity to have a go at fitting the blade, all went well other than a bit of head scratching when I realised the adjusting arm wouldn't fit as it was fouling on the brake pedal. After a short while I realised if I took off the rod guide eyelet and release lever and turned the entire arm so that the dog leg is facing inward (the opposite to how it was) it would fit perfectly, it does. One pin was missing for the lift but luckily I found one of the correct diameter in my box of bits, it just had to be cut to length and drilled for the R pin. Off I went and pushed up the rather large compost heap and was very pleased with the performance. I also assembled the lawn sweep and had a quick play, it works fine but the height adjustment kept jumping out, once again the box of bits was out, and stronger spring fitted and all is well. I also received on Friday my freshly fabricated Clevis hitch which my Uncle started to copy from his original about five years ago! He's made a nice job of it and after a few adjustments to my Mouldbord Plough I was running in some half respectable furrows, I'm even considering entering my local clubs Ploughing match later this year.

12963766_10204980423190287_1304750097489266925_n.jpg

12985591_10204980404069809_7925070180803667409_n.jpg

12991082_10204980407829903_7636371729496433328_n.jpg

If anybody has a rear axle quick attach they don't use I would be interested as I could then mount the Rotavator onto my C series and have this blade on the Raider, that would make quite a handy tag team!

3 minutes ago, adgecutler said:

If anybody has a rear axle quick attach they don't use I would be interested as I could then mount the Rotavator onto my C series and have this blade on the Raider, that would make quite a handy tag team!

Put your request in the Wanted Section of the forum. 

Always good old to see something in use earning its keep.

While I was there I mentioned that I had noticed "a cell" of Wheelhorse collectors in the area! As far as I know there aren't as many over this way, although I do see one horse at the local rallies.

2 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

Put your request in the Wanted Section of the forum. 

Always good old to see something in use earning its keep.

I love to keep my old girls working, there's nothing better than seeing the perform the job for which they were intended. This is a picture of one my stationary engines, when she's at a rally she is usually powering lights, a kettle, many phone chargers for fellow exhibitors and the all important chip pan! This was Newby hall 2014.

CSNewby2_zps229390ee.jpg

I had some good use out of the blade yesterday, a friend of mine had some dumped soil at the top of his garden which had compacted, it had been spread prviously but there were great humps and tumps everywhere. First off we rotovated it to loosen and then bladed and back bladed and ended up with a level area that was then raked by the Horse then seeded. While we were there he asked if the horse may be able to level off a couple of tons of road planings in his yard, I was dubious as to whether the machine could tackle this but was soon reminded of the "never underestimate a Wheelhorse" slogan. What a great piece of kit.

I never took any photos of work in progress but got a lovely shot of my boy proudly trundling back to load on to the trailer. 

13103298_10205076708877369_2279372542799094218_n.jpg