madmatt01

horwool triplex 84

Hi guys.

I'm going to look at a horwool triplex 84  tomorrow evening, will be my first mini tractor and I'm looking to put some tractor tyres on it and tart up the paint for the shows. 

What I want to know is are they very good? I can't seem to find out much information for them . How old they are? Are there many about? 

Any info great fully appreciated 

Cheers 

matt

IMG_0359.png

Just now, the showman said:

Don't know anything about them Matt, has it got the mowers with it and what engine is it ?

Hasn't got the mowers... but to be honest there not off interest to me.

Want it to look like a tractor 

Engine was I think it's a 14hp kohler ?!engine.  

kohler engined triple mowers made in the 80s i think, well made and high geared, used for cutting semi rough and aprons on golf courses, simular to a national triple but more tractory in appearance.

i look forward to all that fun!

i know this needs a break master cylinder, but im hoping to fit something newer for that.

also is there a way to date these tractors? engine numbers e.t.c

Unless you come across a Horwool label somewhere on the chassis, your best bet for dating may be with the Kohler - always assuming that it's the original that is. A Kohler expert may be able to tell you how to unpick the serial number but I have a feeling that a lot of them had the "uncoded" date of manufacture on the id plate.

The copy brochure that I posted pre-dates 1978 which was when I acquired it at the liquidation sale of Godfreys of Brenchley near Tonbridge, Kent.