madmatt01

another little purchase..

Said bolens in the add... but the chap wasn't sure on year or model. 

Iv narrowed it down to a bolens husky? But nothing further than that... and I don't think any off them came with briggs and stratton 

Definitely a Bolens and a damn good price too!  It's a Tube Frame model with a Briggs engine. Be good to see a photo of the engine to identify it.

Nice find! 

By by the way, one Bolens ain't enough! :)

I shall get some more pics uploaded tonight. 

Just need some rear tyres apparently so will try and hunt some down before next weekend although there are some wheel horse ones local to me 

Mat it looks like a 700 or 750 they did have Briggs engines in if you look in downloads ime sure I put the parts and operators manuals on here also have a look in my posts ime sure I did one on these a couple of years ago

Look like you got the original B&S engine in there or at least an age related one. Could be a 650 or a 750 which were made in the mid '60s. The engine should have a serial number on it which will hope date it and also give you the HP as well.

That will probably wait til tomorrow... 

chuffed as nuts though! 

What sort off age we thinking it may be? 

Also pressume the green isn't standard?  

Bodywork should be white with red wheels. Mid 1960s approximately.

Are you interested in the Bolens tyres? They are in Sturminster Newton, Dorset. I have bumped up the post in the For Sale section here.

1 hour ago, Stormin said:

Very nice shepherds hut.

The hut and the log splitter he made himself put off old odds and sods. Very talented man. 

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

Bodywork should be white with red wheels. Mid 1960s approximately.

Are you interested in the Bolens tyres? They are in Sturminster Newton, Dorset. I have bumped up the post in the For Sale section here.

Yes interested in the tyres. Will message you. 

I quite like the way this has been done... the paintwork is generally very good. Has been well stored for 15 years and I think it looks 'just right' 

Few question.... 

where would I find engine number and chassis number? 

Also there is no spark? Where should my first port off call be to look for 

Thanks all 

20160708_220439.jpg

if threres no spark its most likely just gonna be a case of cleaning and re-gapping the points, check the plug is functioning of course, if that fails, move on to checking coil and condenser, its also really easy to convert a briggs to electronic ignition if you want to go down that route.

11 minutes ago, DevonianRedneck said:

if threres no spark its most likely just gonna be a case of cleaning and re-gapping the points, check the plug is functioning of course, if that fails, move on to checking coil and condenser, its also really easy to convert a briggs to electronic ignition if you want to go down that route.

I pressume all this is behind flywheel ? 

Havent really looked.yet... bet easy enough to check? What's the best way to do it 

Points are behind the flywheel. From memory, remove the bolt from flywheel centre. Not sure if I fitted a bolt into the flywheel or used a puller. Give the bolt/puller a smack and it should come off. Don't try to prise it off. As Henry said, you can fit electronic ignition. Easy and cheap to do.

Will have a play today. 

Engine is currently pull start but I have a dyno starter aswell the chap had to go with it. 

Still interested to know what it maybe worth 

Matt

Matt,

I think around £200, possibly £275 as there are no attachments with it and it been painted in the wrong colour (even though it been done well). 

Still a good looking GT though.

With the right rear tyres it will fetch more....:D

In very good nick considering it's been sat under a tarpaulin for 15 years... 

as I just said in the p.m regardless off worth... I look at it and just see loads off character! 

Fallen in love haha