madmatt01

another little purchase..

Matt, you can get a rebuilt kit from the States. Bolens1000 (Brian) supplies the necessary parts. He's on GTT. 

Tell him him you got a Bolens 853 and give him your B&S engine number for ID  plus photos of your carb to ensure you get the right kit.  

I have posted the link below

https://bolenspartsandsupplies.com/

Been looking into kits and carbs... the prices seem the same so think we're going to buy a complete new carb. 

Couple off other bits I need are the engine breather to carb and also a new air filter. From what I can see prices are cheap, just import taxes e.t.c worry me... do you think it would be much? 

Matt

:blink: oh wow ok! I have found a UK seller for a brand new carb so going to go for that. 

Air filter - think I'm going to get a foam pit bike oke to replace original for now.

and il look into repairing the breather pipe 

Cheers 

So began fitting the new carb tonight... fitted up fine and exact replica off original... my problem lies with the linkages. I can't remember how they go back and I never took any photos! 

Can anyone help??

There's the one bar that goes from the throttle butterfly but I can't remember where this fits on the throttle assembly .... arrghhhh.... plus the rest :blink:

20160728_201920.jpg

20160728_201925.jpg

20160728_201929.jpg

I can only seem to get the throttle to work backwards no matter how many different ways I connect it up. 

Really confused me and no matter how much I look at it just can't sus it 

Feels good to be back... 

Been so busy with the kids haven't had time to think. 

I left the old man playing with the bolens today and he got it running! He has connected up the throttle directly some how. 

He hasn't connected the 'govener arm??' As couldn't work out what it did? 

Anyway... there's a couple more videos on my youtube that he sent me !

Matt