slf-uk

Another Bolens for the collection

I picked up another Bolens today but unfortunately I can't post any pictures ATM due to a problem with my account. Picture will follow I promise...

Many thanks to Chris for flagging it to me even though he had to listen to my wife's rants. Us Bolens boys hunt as a pack and we agree who is going to go for a tractor. That way we don't end up bidding against mates.

Tractor is a Bolens HT20 which only has 1400 hours. I have been after another HT for years so I am very chuffed. It had been outside for a while but I got it started and drove onto the trailer. I have no idea where I am going to store it but that is tomorrows problem.

Iain

Edited by slf-uk

I am glad you brought the tractor Iain

Your lovely wife was not too bad with the rude words I had on my phone :)

I too having probs with pics so have given up for now

Glad you collected it Iain. Chris forwarded me a photo of your latest steed on his phone. The price you got it for is a steal. 

Look forward to photos when you can upload them.

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

I am glad you brought the tractor Iain

Your lovely wife was not too bad with the rude words I had on my phone :)

I too having probs with pics so have given up for now

I still can't believe you told her that you keep telling me to sell some. Cheers mate :)

Iain

Now my login has turned green again I can post some pictures and I know you all love Bolens pictures :)

Stopped half way home to check the straps

IMG_0559.JPG

A few pictures after a bit of a test run

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

Always good to have to have a family shot. This is the HT20 pictures with my HT23.

IMG_0566.JPG

Iain

26 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Not what I was thinking. :hide:

Norm it is an easy mistake to make. Many people think it stands for Fabulous Metal Creation and in truth they are not far wrong.

Don't be embarrassed. ;)

Food Manufacturing Company I think:)

Iains got alot of grass to cut. I have just got to make some time to help drive it

How many one owner from new machines crop up these days??

Edited by Chris

Actually FMC is Food Machinery Corporation. Founded in 1883 as the Bean Spray Pump Company based in Los Gatos, California by chemist John Bean. The company's first product to be manufactured was a piston pump. Bean invented the pump to spray insecticide on fruit orchards in the area. In 1928, Bean Spray Pump purchased two companies, one company manufactured a sealed can rotary pressure sterilizer[and the other company manufactured canning machinery. At this time the company changed its name to Food Machinery Corporation and started using the initials FMC. Here in the States it is widely reported that Bolens was a division of the Ford Motor Company, hence FMC, but that is nothing more than Appalachian legend. However do NOT try and convince them otherwise, it is akin to insulting their wives.

18 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

Just been looking at your HT20 again Iain.

Is there any significant differences between the HT20 and Ht23 apart from the horse power?

Andrew, the big difference is the back axle. A HT20 has a single range Sundstrand and a HT23 a two range Eaton. I was chatting to Chris about this the other day because I wondered what axle he had in his 1886. If I remember correctly the 1886 has the same Sundstrand as the HT20 but my 1477 has an earlier Eaton.

Hope that makes sense

Iain

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

Another good video Joseph.  :thumbs:  I notice that your Dad is know where to be seen AGAIN. :yankchain:

How Joseph can direct, produce and film this as well as owning and driving the HT20 is a complete mystery to me. :bow:

As you say where is Iain? Come to think of it; WHO is Iain?! :confused:

Edited by Triumph66