nigel

Mid mounted grader blade

I haven't seen them personally, but I did a google image search, and found a few pictures I could post. Like this one of two lovely ladies enjoying the beach, sans sand, but I wish I was a stone under a sandal. I thought you could swim Chris?

Brighton-beach-in-East-Sussex.jpg

f7e8e6f6455af795b68b81d18b0bd74a.jpg

On 8/9/2016 at 6:41 PM, nigel said:

What's the benefit of these compared with a front blade ?

a mid mounted blade has feed back from front wheels if front wheel drops in a hole blade drops and fills hole if blade is out front a pothole causes another to be made just in front of it

5 hours ago, wurzel said:

a mid mounted blade has feed back from front wheels if front wheel drops in a hole blade drops and fills hole if blade is out front a pothole causes another to be made just in front of it

well explained thanks :thumbs:

8 hours ago, wurzel said:

Learnt something useful there and it makes sense too. :thumbs: Cheers

9 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Got the frames and swivel heads done. Couple of minor hiccups but sorted now. Been trying to work out a lift rod tonight.  Things a bit tight. Going to move the lift bracket on the frame in the morning.   

:thumbs:

We didn't have to reposition the lugs for the lift. Chris had a good hunt through his stock of brake/clutch/lift rods and found a couple that got modified. His is the fully assembled one, the other is mine. The wear strip has yet to have the holes squared. I may not fit the rubber strip, then I may. Depends on what I using it for.

They are only painted in primer and will be fully painted in the near future.

I reckon we haven't done so bad in the time we had and we didn't fall out. I know one thing. I could do with a holiday. :rolleyes:

All we've got to do is load them in the van and try them out at the weekend at Biddenden.

I think we made good progress on these and I'm very pleased with them, they are really easy to fit and will fit any of the C series tractors. They hav'nt been painted yet but i think we done well to get them usable 

Chris/Norm,

The blades look great, you have done a fantastic job in a short time. Unfortunately I now feel the need to make one, another thing to add to the list.

For a future modification, you could make the attachment bracket in two parts that can swivel. That way you could have one side of the blade lower/higher than the other, to enable you to grade an angle. Just a thought...

Iain