Wallfish

2 seat show cruiser

(other posts not related to this topic have been removed)

I love everything about that little ride.  How heavy is it in the front?  Do you have to carry a weight up there to avoid wheelies?

It's a little light in the front but not much more than a tractor is. I have an old GT battery tucked in there between the front tires for weight and will be switched to a good one when I find a nice electric start K181. Filling the front tires is another thing on the long "to do" list. It'll run wheelies in 3rd if you gun it! Maybe I should put little wheels on the frame under the engine and just run wheelies down the road.

Wish I did have some build pics. I usually just start building on a whim with no real plan or expectations so many projects never make it to completion. Plus I work so messy, unorganized and on many things at the same time, the camera would probably end up lost or broken if it was anywhere near the shop. This thing actually started out as something else but turned into this when I happen to put the snow blade up near the tires while looking for some fender ideas. By the time it was figured out, it was almost done.

It's been to 5 or 6 shows this year and my grand kids like to drive it around. They aren't as excited about stuff like that as I was hoping but they do enjoy it, just not that often. The little boy across the street loves it and is always coming over to take it for a ride.

The original was sold at the big Wheel Horse show in Pennsylvania a couple years ago to the president of the WHCC. I kinda miss it so I decided to build another one close to original as I can. Hope to have it done by the end of June so I can take it to the big WH show to see it's older brother.

Here's a pic of the progress so far. Got the lowered front axle done, most of the frame welded up, most of the offset steering and the firewall.

post-9-0-01984200-1431814460_thumb.jpg

IT"S ALIVE!

I've been putting in plenty of time on this lately to get it done for the big Wheel Horse show which starts this Thu. Amazing how much time this stuff consumes! I usually just peck away builds in my spare time and work on things as the ideas come so I usually have no idea how much time goes into them.

Set up for a test drive

post-9-0-44191400-1435075453_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-92241500-1435075488_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-02375000-1435075539_thumb.jpg

Almost there!

post-9-0-63109100-1435075700_thumb.jpg

It made it to the show and met up with the original. The owner painted the first one but in my opinion, it looked better as a rat.

The original was sold to the president of the WH collectors club 2 years ago and he ended up giving it to his neighbor because his kids had so much fun driving it around. I got the chance to meet the owner, his wife and his son. It was very satisfying to hear the stories of how much they enjoy it and to see the smile on that child's face as he climbed around on this new one.

The new one was sold to the president again, same guy that bought the first one. I was very reluctant to sell it but I know it went to the right person. A grown man had that same smile as the child did!

post-9-0-35209600-1435510297_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-26607600-1435510330_thumb.jpg

Thought about doing one for each year but I don't have that many parts or the steel to do it. BUT, I have a year to get it together!

Quite a few people wanted to buy it and a few asked me to build them one but for the amount of time it takes, I'd have to quit my job and hit the lottery number to be able to pay for it and have enough time.