Dap1961

My Ford chainsaws

On 8/15/2016 at 4:48 PM, Dap1961 said:

I have some ford chainsaws with the o&r engines. Do you have any documents for them.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any Ford documents, but do have the O&R diagrams & maintenance manuals for the equivalent Orline chain saws, I will scan them when I get time.

Any chance could you post some pictures of your Ford chain saws.

David

Edited by factory
Moved from manuals thread

Correct, they are Orline (O&R) chain saws badged for Ford, I'm sure someone said they were given away with new Ford tractors, O&R also made badged versions for Sears.

(Edit 14/5/19: according to service bulletin S-E083 they were sold by Ford tractor dealers.)

Here is my Orline Challenger Mark IID, I will put some better pictures in a new thread.

k3e.jpg

David

On 8/18/2016 at 1:10 PM, Dap1961 said:

They were available as an option on ford camper special trucks. Mounted under the hood.

8677461315_fa265e7275_m.jpg

Rats, missed out on that one in my 68 F250 Camper Special. There also was a under hood generator offered for contractors. The mighty 427 FE's are still alive. 

18 hours ago, BeemerNut said:

Rats, missed out on that one in my 68 F250 Camper Special. There also was a under hood generator offered for contractors.

:WMOM:

Welcome to the forum.

Did you miss out on a Ford branded chainsaw recently, or when these were originally sold by Ford dealers?

And who made the generator? I've not heard of an O&R one offered by Ford.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:07 PM, factory said:

Correct, they are Orline (O&R) chain saws badged for Ford, I'm sure someone said they were given away with new Ford tractors,

Well O&R service bulletin S-E-083 confirms that Ford tractor dealers sold the Eagle I & Eagle II chainsaws (1.6HP Series 20A engine) and the Hawk chainsaw (1HP Series 13B engine), all of these were made by Ohlsson & Rice.

691584913_OhlssonRiceServiceBulletinS-E083Dec71FordChainsawsBuiltByOREnginesInc.jpg.27aefce7a84d73a5988ed548ea2d6ff0.jpg

David

factory;  it was an Onan  generator offered for contractors back in the late 60's on the 68 to 72 "Bump Side" body style PU's.  A couple photos of the Onan generator mounted in a F250 pickup. Photos at the start of this site, after just a bunch of useless photos. Taken off the Ford Truck Forum;  https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Ford+pickups+with+gas+generator+under+hood&fr=yhs-pty-pty_email&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_email&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi249.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fgg213%2Fheehawpunk%2F70F250_generator061.jpg#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi249.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fgg213%2Fheehawpunk%2F70F250_generator051.jpg&action=click.

Picked up a model 219 O & R generator recently like last sunday ($60) like new had been test run only. Have the Tiny Tiger box. Also have a Chip A Saw needing a washer and screw (?) to hold the pull start together. I also collect WWII drone engines, have two, one Righter 250 cc opposed, one Kiekhaefer (Mercury Marine) 750 cc opposed. Both complete w/props, need to hear them run. I'm with a group of 17 "DroneHeads" across the US that collect and restore these drone engines. 6:1 down to 8:1 gas to oil ratio mix. Have a Burgess Battery M5 Morton radial model engine w/3 blade aluminum prop looking like a DC3 prop. Another need to hear run engine. Not normal, you bet, own 10 bikes, have a good wifey.....~o&o>........

Edited by BeemerNut

I thought the generator would be something much bigger than an O&R, here is a direct link to the Onan generator thread on the Ford Truck forum; https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/867881-underhood-onan-generator.html

On 5/14/2019 at 10:49 PM, BeemerNut said:

Picked up a model 219 O & R generator recently like last sunday ($60) like new had been test run only. Have the Tiny Tiger box. Also have a Chip A Saw needing a washer and screw (?) to hold the pull start together.

Sounds like a good start to your O&R collection.

Is the Model 219 the engine type & do you have any pictures?

You may want to post some pictures of the starter assembly from the Chip-A-Saw, so we can confirm the parts needed.

Obviously it would be best to either start a new thread or add to another relevant thread for these.

Surplus WWII era McCulloch drone engines were used on some Bensen Gyro-coptors, along with an optional O&R engine as a pre-rotator;

David