Sign in to follow this  
Stormin

Someone's nicked the greenhouse.

Carol has an artistic streak and wants a new studio. So the greenhouse had to go. Over the last few days, I've dismantled the greenhouse and transported it to eldest daughters. Son-in-law wanted it and was a great help. Conspicuous by his absence. :rolleyes:

The breeze block base the greenhouse was fastened too, also removed. Hollow blocks are quite heavy, especially when someone has filled the hollows with concrete. These have been taken elsewhere with the C-81 and Saxon trailer.

Site levelled up and some 2-1/2  x 24 x 30 inch slabs that have been hiding behind the workshop, placed and levelled at the four corners.

2002-01-17 07.32.05.jpg

More slabs have to be laid yet for the floor supports and that's the next step. The new studio is to be 8ft x 12ft and construction of the will start sometime later in the week.

Roof frames made. Floor frame should be done by tomorrow night. Once I get that I can finish levelling the base.

8 hours ago, the showman said:

Any progress on the studio Norm ?

How's the canopy coming on? :P

3 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Roof frames made. Floor frame should be done by tomorrow night. Once I get that I can finish levelling the base.

How's the canopy coming on? :P

Ive measured it, I'll have to get some wood next time I'm at johns 

1 hour ago, slf-uk said:

One person's studio is another's tractor store. May be worth making the dimensions multipurpose :thumbs:

Iain 

Her old studio will be used to store garden furniture, bikes, BBQ and sundry other things that are now in my shed and workshop. :)

Give me room for another tractor or two. :hide:

More progress today.

Floor frame treated with two coats of preservative over the last couple of days. Put in place today and levelled up.

Underneath of the ply floor treated then laid and screwed down.

2002-01-26 05.19.57.jpg

Roof frame with it's first coat of preservative.

2002-01-26 05.21.28.jpg

A neighbour is doing the joinery work. He has all the gear. Frame work we carried round. Ply sheets came round by C-81 and Saxon. And the hospital bed/lift being useful once more.

Looks great Norm, your making good progress. Have you put insulation under the floor?

I am watching with interest as I have been asked by the boss to make a new potting shed, apparently the current one is unusable now that it is being shared with a number of tractors (9 to be exact :)).

Iain