Sign in to follow this  
Listerman77

Gurtner carburetor

Has anyone had experience with gurtner carburetors? There is one fitted to my Ransomed motor triple which is causing me grief! It's on the petrol MAG 2055 engine, the DC version. The fuel mixture screw has absolutely no effect at all. Is there an internal passage which gets blocked? I'm at the stage of investing in an ultrasonic cleaner, ordinary carb cleaner has done nothing. The engine runs but is irratic the plugs indicate a rich mixture but it needs the choke to run!

Afraid I know nothing about Gurtner Carbs or Mag engines. However, I do seem to be able to dig deep into the Interweb to find info.

If it helps-.....This -LINK- will take you to another Forum and the Guy who goes by the Username of Trusty220 on it seems to be about the most knowledgeable person around on your Engine type.

The link goes to a Thread that discusses the same issue you have.

Regards

Richard,

Thanks for the reply and link. I am already trying to contact this gentleman as I have some information for him - small world! On other blog sites gurnter carbs are called " notorious" I wonder why? They seem to be mainly used on mopeds, the carb I have is about 1" choke so is in the big league for them. Thanks again

Paul