meadowfield

You couldn't make it up... number two

Went in the workshop a few times yesterday and could smell petrol. After tea it was annoying me and had a good hunt around, the fuel tank on bendy spontaneously split open and emptied itself  .... :(

thats a a new one to me...

That's why I only use real gas, 89 or 91 octane, with one ounce of Seafoam and 1/4 ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil per gallon You blokes probably can't get real gas, or maybe you can.

6 hours ago, HeadExam said:

That's why I only use real gas, 89 or 91 octane, with one ounce of Seafoam and 1/4 ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil per gallon You blokes probably can't get real gas, or maybe you can.

our gas only starts at 95 octane, haven't had problems with it so far. sometimes i even get 98 octane

1 hour ago, C-101plowerpower said:

our gas only starts at 95 octane, haven't had problems with it so far. sometimes i even get 98 octane

That is really high octane, the gas in the states starts at 87 with ethanol at most places. In some states they sell gas with 85% ethanol, and the car manufacturers stopped warranty on the engines if it was used in the Flex Fuel vehicles it was designed for. Were lucky, in the country people wont buy that stuff.

29 minutes ago, Mister Mad Mower said:

Sold my old Westwood rideon mower to a friend who stored it in his brothers barn , come the spring the rats had eaten away half the plastic tank ! .

Can quite believe it. it was a regular spring job replacing chewed up fuel lines and primer bulbs.

Hope you find a spare Mark, just realised you had the Dash Tower mounted Black Tank on 'Bendy'.....just sold my spare one (reluctantly), so can't help.

Worrying prospect if it becomes a trend.

On 05/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, Anglo Traction said:

Hope you find a spare Mark, just realised you had the Dash Tower mounted Black Tank on 'Bendy'.....just sold my spare one (reluctantly), so can't help.

Worrying prospect if it becomes a trend.

Ive glued a patch on....

see if that holds 

IMG_2277.JPG

Strange!. It look's like it split at the front where the spring retainer is located (no seam).

Only leaks I know to have occurred on these is like what Chris (Showman) mentioned.....along the heat welded seams. Must have been a flaw, or wear?.

It's where the spring touches the crack was horizontal! I can only assume it's a combination of age, cold and the tension of the spring...

I may use a rubber band to hold it down when the glue dries...