Restomod

Tiny Tiger model 300 Spark Plug

Can I get some spark plug part numbers that are compatible with my O&R engine? I found a plug that threads into the engine but it is too long and the piston will hit it. I will probably have to order the plug from an online store because I have searched all my local stores and I was only able to find the plug that's too long. Even the small engine repair shops couldn't find one. Tractor Supply was the only store that had something close. I'm sure that the part number will make things easier though. thanks 

There are different applications to different engines but I looked at one of your previous posts and it appears your engine has an early coil, which should equal the head uses a small 10mm plug. If so, the original plugs were a Champion UY6.

Alternatives are Autolite P6 or NGK CMR 7A

You'll probably need to source one online.

Let me know if you can't find one, I have about 6 or 7 NOS Autolite P6 plugs.

There are plenty of Champion UY6 plugs on ebay.com , that's where I bought a NOS box full a few years ago, as it worked out cheaper than buying them over here at the time.

I've had many engines with missing or incorrectly fitted long reach plugs. some of these were fitted by unhelpful sellers before they shipped. :banghead:

David

Wallfish I was able to get the starter repaired and it functions well. I contacted Webhead about a diaphragm and when I get the address I need to send the cash to I am going to buy one. But I was looking through the carb rebuild thread and I noticed that I'm missing the little rod that is installed with the string ran through it and the idle screw and spring. I can probably find something that work for the idle screw but the rod is another story. If you have one or know where to find one let me know . 

Another thing I forgot to ask about- Is there something that holds the rope to the reel on the pull starter? I used a piece of wire but it didn't hold.

Yes, it's just a piece of wire shaped in a "U" that matches those 2 little holes in the spool. I should have some of those if you want one.

Best to melt the end of the rope to form a "knob" which will keep the rope from pulling through the tightened wire. At least that's how I solved the problem since it happened to me as well. Might also be a good idea to use a longer rope so it doesn't end at the attachment point when pulling it. It can be a fine line between over stuffing the spool and having it too short. Done it both ways way too many times and I hate working on those recoils as it is, so having to do them over again really sucks when that rope pulls out.

-- I've just used any piece of wire for the rope before getting spare parts. Also cut a thick sewing needle to make that little carb rod too.

The service info I have gives a starter cord length of 44" for engines below S/N 099151 and 54" for those above 099151. The length changed as a different spring was used for later engines.

The later instructions for starter repair (newer type) that I posted in the linked thread below, says that the cord is looped to form a knot on the reel (see Fig 10) to prevent the cord being pulled from the anchor wire.

David

3 hours ago, factory said:

The later instructions for starter repair (newer type) that I posted in the linked thread below, says that the cord is looped to form a knot on the reel (see Fig 10) to prevent the cord being pulled from the anchor wire.

A knot will certainly keep it from pulling through but I never liked the big lump it creates in the rope winding. Kind of like it creates a cam and you can feel it when pulling the rope out.

That's why I prefer to melt a smaller knob into the end of the rope. Without a doubt either way is fine, just a matter of preference.

Thanks Wallfish and Factory! Webhead had everything I needed and I sent him payment today for these items. Thank you for your suggestions on the recoil starter also the info on the rope length. I do need to replace the rope cause I believe this either the original rope or a really close to that age. I have rewound the rope a few times already due to the aged rope.

Here is a little background on how I came to be in possession of my Tiny Tiger: So it's not actually mine it belongs to my friend Jesus. He works at a local scrap yard that I recently started doing equipment repair and maintenance at. He finds some very interesting things and some things we can't ever identify. He came up to me a few weeks ago with this Tiny Tiger Generator. Immediately I knew this was something extraordinary. First off I have never seen anything close to this before and the condition of it was amazing  (considering it was sold for scrap price!). Well I let a week go by but I couldn't stand it any longer. I needed to hear that generator run! I asked Jesus if I could take the generator home and freshen it up a little and maybe even get it running. He agreed to let me take it. So I have completely disassembled it and found that it was used very little maybe even just once or twice!! The only major problem I found was the spark plug was left out of it and, from the looks of it, just recently had moisture enter the cylinder and it began to rust. I cleaned the cylinder with steel wool and penetrating oil and the rust came off quickly. After giving the entire engine a through cleaning I began reassembly. I used moly based grease to lubricate the moving parts and did an inspection of each part to make sure that it would perform as it should. And now I am here with my list of missing parts and happy as a clam because Webhead has saved my day and soon I will have this cool piece of nostalgia running!! Then I can return it to Jesus and he can put it in his house with the other cool odds and ends he has found in the scrap yard!!